Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

I Am So Sore From Going Shopping Yesterday

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sam

Sam

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:26 PM

My mom and I went to a lot of shops and now my back and hips hurt so bad. I have pain every day but this is gotten worse. It worn me out. Today if I go any where I am gonna have to use my cane. I had woke up 2 hours ago and I am so sore. Thinking of junping in the tub for a bit. I wish I had a hot tub that would be awesome. Howie rubbed my back before he left work.

I want to do some baking today but I'm not sure if that is gonna happen or not. Well I jut wanted to check in. Take care Sam
Sam

#2 WestCoast1

WestCoast1

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 06:48 AM

Hey Sam,
I hear ya!!!! A warm bath with 2 cups of Epson Salt does wonders for sore muscles and achy joints. But a hot tub sounds GREAT!

Hope you get some relief soon :D
*WestCoast*

#3 annkd

annkd

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:40 AM

Hi Sam: Last year I made a decision to do ALL my shopping on the internet - even for the local friends and family members - it was so successful that I'm doing it again this year and that will leave me with time to bake or decorate and have a cup of tea with friends. I just don't enjoy the crowded shops (all those sniffling and sneezing well-intentioned folks) anymore. The limited amount of time each day that I have to feel somewhat "painfreeish" (my new word), has been allocated to other things. Stay warm and enjoy your baths!!! - Ann

#4 jefa

jefa

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 09:02 AM

I take my cane with me anytime I go, because I almost always need it. It does come apart so I can put it in my bag if it gets in the way. I have found that anytime I go out to do shopping, I am down for about three days after. Recently my son visited from the US and I planned active days between resting at home days and tried to arrange cooking, etc. with less involvement from me. I stocked up on paper plates, for example. I have found it helps to try to take a short nap every afternoon which revives me in time for the evening. Like Ann says, I have come to completely depend on the internet for shopping. I started very early this year with holiday gifts so I don't have to go out at all during the crowded times.

As for baking, I plan ahead by doing that day's regular meals with leftovers or take out and use my food processor to make cookie dough instead of mixing by hand. I use baking parchment for easy cleanup after. The smell lifts my spirits considerably.