Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Calcinosis Cutis

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alice02

Alice02

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:13 AM

Hello everyone, I have Systemic Scleroderma for many years. In additional to that I also have Calcinosis Cutis. I had many surgeries over the years due to infections I get from this calcinosis cutis. They kind of spread all over my body, my hips, knee, index finger and thump. I need help from anyone who suffered from the same painful calcinosis to please give some advises on what has help them to cope with?

Much love, Alice

#2 Sam

Sam

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:56 PM

Alice I have caluim depostis too , I dont really do anything for them but keep an eye on them. The only time I had sugery to remove them when they were on my right knee and I couldn't keep the infection out. Sam
Sam

#3 Alice02

Alice02

Senior Bronze Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:09 AM

Dear Sam,

Thank you for your respond, I appreciate. I have so much calcinosis cutis and get infections most the time. I have a big one on my hips and it just keep on growing. I have been on so many medications, nothing has worked. How is your appealing with SSDI went?

Warm regards

Alice