Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

How many of you use a walker or wheel chair?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 MaryFanPhilly

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:15 AM

Hi Linda,
That's another good answer... I'd gladly trade with you for the chance to stand outside in the cold! The things people take for granted. Sarah, don't avoid going out if walking is a problem, all malls and museums have wheelchairs for rent, usually all you have to do is leave a driver's license. There is NOTHING to be embarrassed about. In fact it's great cause you get to carry all the packages for your family and friends. Most durable medical equipment stores also rent wheelchairs by the weekend or by the week or month. Don't let the disease control YOU and YOUR LIFE. You have a life to live first and foremost. It's your right and privilege to live it despite whatever bumps are in the road. So get out to the mall and get some cute (but sensible) shoes girlfriend!!!!! Love, Mary ps I hope you're head boppin' to Bon Jovi 'It's my life, now or never, I ain't gonna live forever. I just wanna live while I'm alive!'
Diffuse sclero; diabetes; hypertension; GERD with Barrett's