Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

How Do You Want To Be Remembered?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 barefut

barefut

Platinum Member

• Bloggers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 04:36 PM

Just my own off beat humor - probably only funny to me........

How I want to be remembered:

Oh, she was so strong and so brave. She had to live with so much pain - physically and emotionally and no one ever heard her complain about anything. She was a real trooper. I only wish I knew how much she was suffering so I could have been there for her....

How I will actually be remembered:

Oh, she was such a whiner. The only time I ever heard her speak, she was complaining about something. She never did get her stuff together. I always wanted to hide when I saw her coming.

How do you want to be remembered? How do you think you will be remembered?

Mine was tongue - in - cheek. Sometimes I just can't be serious. Then again, I'm sure of certain people I know who wouldn't laugh at that....the ones I'm always venting to.... :rolleyes:

#2 scampie5

scampie5

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:25 PM

I hope to be remembered as dolly dipplewit as my husband calls me loopylou as my newphew calls me Lyndylou as my father always called me I will be remembered for my utter stupidness and sense of humor that I still have I tell every one that even thou my mouth is geting smaller I am learning to be a vengulagist will also be remembered for my spelling what I say is ive got there is nothing I can do about it so get on and do what you can this is what I do I have my ups and downs as we all do but life is for living and that is what im doing well the best I can so chin up and march on , I have Crest and Diffuse my lungs are affectected by alomst 50% but I get by Lynn

#3 Patty

Patty

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 04:27 PM

Its funny that you posted this because just last night we were talking about this. I want to be remembered as a mother and grandmother that loved her family to the fullest. A woman that would do anythng for anyone even if I didn't have for myself.

How do I think I will be remembered? I think when I am gone it will be all of the above and the people in my family that are still here will talk about my jello cake. They will say" Patty, Nana always made us jello cake for our birthdays. I miss her jello cake. lol
Hugs,
Patty

If Life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Limited scleroderma, Dermatomyositis. Diastolic Dysfunction, dysphagia, Fibro, restless leg. Lupus is a maybe.

#4 americanmike

americanmike

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 06:03 AM

Hi Barefut--

I found your scenario very very funny! :lol: It's a very funny foil what we think of ourselves vs. what others think. Many times friends and relatives ask how I'm doing (but I know they're hoping I keep it short.) Ha! I like the part about hiding when they see you coming.

I don't want to be remembered yet! I want to be the guy who remembers all of you wonderful people who were fortunate enough to get a terrible incurable disease just in time to receive a cure that stopped it in it's tracks, and then went on to enjoy the rest of your lives!!!!

If you think I'm just looking at life with rose colored glasses... You haven't been keeping current on all the research and progress they are making. It is astounding!

Happy Holidays!

Michael in Florida

#5 paula

paula

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:52 AM

how do I 'want' to be remembered? she was a good person. she seemed to be smiling all the time! :P

how do I think I 'will' be remembered? she went thru so much, and never complained. yeah, right! :(

#6 susie54

susie54

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:00 PM

Hi Barefut,

Don't be so hard on yourself. You will be remebered as a trooper no doubt because anyone with a connective tissue disease has to be. The reality is so much in kept inside of us and we just have to go on.
I don't want to be remembered. I want out live them all and then they can remember me as the one they never thought would make it this far. I have alot of living to do in the meantime. Susie54

#7 CFMBabs

CFMBabs

Silver Member

• Bloggers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:57 AM

Me ....... Thank goodness she made a will! or, At last the TV remote! Even, She was okay in small doses but was too ugly in the end and, She didn't cost much to keep in food! ---- I'm joking of course, well not about the last bit he, he.
I've never really thought about it actually since I'd rather concentrate on annoying people whilst I'm still here. I still think positively for a cure even though I know I may be kidding myself.
It's a good question and one I think we can have some fun with!
Love to all
remember me? Barbs xxx

#8 cathy

cathy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:06 PM

well I want to be rembered as a strong willed person that loved life. But I know also that people will say that I always complained about something hurting or not feeling good just about every day. But anyone that truly knows me will know that I didn't give up with out a fight. We never know when we might be taken or what life has in store for us. But we just have to have faith and believe that things are for the best. Thank you

#9 Sam

Sam

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 01:02 AM

A wife, a mother and a grand mother. It doesn't really matter what you do in your life time. It is just getting you ready for what is going to happen next . Maybe that sounds a bit off but who is really gonna remember all the good you have done.

You know it's kinda like people in the military when they get home from being on tour, people have a big to do (Welcome home party)then it is over with and we gone on like it not important anymore. It's just in that moment. You will be remembered.

Sam
Sam

#10 chuck7297

chuck7297

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:24 AM

I want my mom to be remembered as a strong person and not the person she is now.

She should be remembered as a great person, wife, mother and grandmother. A person that should have complained more and told the doctors more so it didn't have to be so terrible.