Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Crest With Overlap Disease

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nancy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 04:49 PM

:) Greetings, I'm new here. I need some HELP. I have just got a new rheumatologist, and he is explaining my diseases in more detail. I have an CREST syndrome Anti-Centrimere of 1:5120. My Positive elevated ANA ranges 1:320 - 1:640. I have positive DNA, C3,C4, etc........ Anyways, the problem is I have really bad FIBROMYALGIA with it. So, I have been treated with Plaquenil, Decreasing from 10mg to 7.5 Prednisone and pain medicine. I wondered if others who have such Overlap or fibramyalgia with their CREST. I have been doctoring more for lupus with my other rheumatologist, but now this doctor is looking at it differently.

Has anyone had luck with painful fibromyalgia. I get it in the bottom of my feet, hands, ankles, knees, etc. I'm sure you know what I mean.

If you would like to chat with me about it, I would love an email. Thanks. Nancy
~ Blessings From ~ Nancy ~

#2 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 10:47 AM

Hi Nancy,

Welcome to Sclero Forums, we are delighted to have you join us!

Fibromyalgia is a very common overlap with scleroderma and other autoimmune diseases. The pain and fatigue that accompany fibromyalgia is impossible to really explain to someone that doesn't have it. I have it as well, and would gladly give it away to the lowest bidder. :unsure:

We have a long page of resources on it, including lots of links to personal stories that our site visitors have shared about fibromyalgia alone or in overlap with other conditions. See: Autoimmune Diseaseses: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia.
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.