Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Rituxan Paid for by Drug Company!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Peggy

Peggy

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:39 AM

My doctor a month or so ago prescribed Rituxan and my insurer denied it. She then prescribed IVIG Infusion and they denied that. We are in the process of appealing that decision. Yesterday I got a call from my doctor who said the drug company that makes Rituxan said they will pay for the drug. The problem is then I called my insurer to see if they will cover the cost of the infusion which I believe could be $400 - $600 per infusion and she said they won't being they denied the drug they deny any charges related to it. I am so devastated and can't quit crying. Just when I finally thought I may get some relief here you get hit below the knees. Does anyone have any idea how this works or have any ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Peggy

#2 LisaBulman

LisaBulman

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:59 AM

Hi Peggy,
I would have your dr call the insurance company and fight for you. They are supposed to do that if they believe this is the right treatment for you! Don't give up!!

Hugs,
Lisa
Lisa Bulman
(Retired) ISN/SCTC List Coordinator
(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Assistant Manager
(Retired) ISN Assistant News Guide
(Retired) ISN Fundraiser
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

#3 Sam

Sam

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:51 AM

Peggy I agree with Lisa on this one too. I thinkIi have told you that before don't give up and have the doctor call and fight for you.. Good luck and keep us posted. hugs, Sam
Sam