Did you know that exercise increases inflammation in systemic sclerosis?

Photo

Appt.at John Hopkins Information Appreciated

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 memeto2

memeto2

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 04:21 AM

hello everyone,i go to john hopkins thursday to see dr. wigley,and I remember reading from someone on this forum that they went there also,well my question is ..do they do alot of tests that day or is this just a consult?the appointment says 2 hours and im just wondering what all is done and what to expect.if anyone has been to see dr.wigley please reply back and fill me in on some info.i am really excited and a bit nervous I will fill you all in on the details of my visit.thanks and take care....memeto2

#2 Claudia-DR

Claudia-DR

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 06:05 AM

Hello Memeto2!

I have been a patient of Dr. Wigley's for almost 3 years and so far I'm very happy with the way he's been handling my case.

The reason the first appointment takes so long is because he does a head to toe check on you and gives you a great mini-lecture on the disease.

Depending on what type of scleroderma you have then he will order the necessary tests. I have limited scleroderma and on my 1st. appointment I had an echo, a pulmonary function test and blood tests performed.

Best of luck with your appointment and please let us know how it went. If there's anything else you wonder about please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best,

Claudia

#3 memeto2

memeto2

Senior Bronze Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:47 AM

thank you so much claudia for the information,i will let you know what happens.also does he tell you the results of your tests before you leave ?thanks again..memeto2(melissa)

#4 Claudia-DR

Claudia-DR

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:03 AM

Hi again Melissa!

When I had my 1st. appointment I saw him on a Monday, had the tests performed the day after and saw him again later that week.

By that time he had the results of the pulmonary function tests and the labwork. The echo takes a couple of weeks to process.

The results from the pulmonary function tests can be seen right after the tests are performed.

Good luck!

Claudia

#5 memeto2

memeto2

Senior Bronze Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:54 PM

hi claudia,by reading your post you must live close by john hopkins.i live 1 1/2 hours away in martinsburg,wv.so im hoping that I won't have to go up again the following week like you did.i dont know ,i guess ill find out soon enough.thanks again .i will send you a message when I get back from there ..wish me luck.take care..memeto2(melissa)

#6 Claudia-DR

Claudia-DR

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:26 AM

Hi Melissa!

Don't worry, you're in my thoughts.

Actually, I live quite far away from Hopkins. I have to take 2 planes to get there.

The thing is that I stayed in Baltimore for a full week the first time I was there.

Now I go every 6 months and stay for 5 days.

Best of luck on your appointment!

Claudia