Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

Quick (temporary) fixes for what ails us

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Karenlee

Karenlee

Senior Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:47 AM

Hi Jen,

One more thing I'd like to add to the Telangiectasia, I found that using a green (yes green) tinted cover stick on the spots covers them nicely. There is something about the green tint that offsets the red pigment, just remember to apply coverup/base over it. Lol You can find it in any local drug store in the makeup aisle. They have different pigments for dark circles or blemishes, but make sure you get the green one. Then dot it on the red spots and the Telangiectasia will not show thru the makeup.

Karen

#22 Kaycee

Kaycee

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:07 AM

Thanks for all of the tips. I will be sure to try the ones I am not already using (and I am already using quite a few of them). I especially like the vitamin K creme for the telengiatasias (sp) as I have many on my cheeks. The only good thing is when I apply my mineral foundation, I don't need blush as the red from the spots shows thru just enough to make me look like I am blushing. As for the Raynaud's, I too try to keep my kettle on low most of the day and pour myself a mug of hot water and just wrap my hands around the mug. I've even done that in restaurants where I tend to somehow always be seated under the air vents...go figure. Just my added info to this page.

Much love,

Kim
Much love,

Kim

Be yourself...everyone else is taken.

#23 Karenlee

Karenlee

Senior Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:30 AM

Hi Kim,

I wanted to try mineral makeup but didn't think it would be thick enough to cover the red spots. Now that you say you use it I may give it a try.
Is there a particular brand you find works better than others?

Karen

#24 beaty71

beaty71

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:12 AM

Hi Karen,
I also use mineral powder make up. I like Physicians Formula, it's talc free mineral loose powder and it covers well.
Diana

#25 Karenlee

Karenlee

Senior Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:15 AM

Diana,

Thanks for the reccomendation. I'll be sure to try it.

Karen