Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

numbness in hands and feet

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 omaeva

omaeva

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:59 AM

Has anyone found a miracle cure?!

I go through cycles where I struggle with numbness and haven't had issues in over a year. I even forgot to tell my doctor about it when I saw him last. Anyway it feels like my hands and feet are permanently asleep and no amount of wiggling and shaking is helping at this point.

So anyone have any ideas to make do until an appointment?

And as an aside, I've been taking norvasc for raynauds to help my ulcers heal, it's been a few weeks and the ulcers are doing better. It seems that I have less severe attacks (much less) when it's really cold (AC cold) but a few other times when I'm in natural air where the temp air difference is 10 degrees higher the raynauds is a lot worse. Although my hands don't feel numb or cold, they are just blueberry color. I'm just looking to see if that's something anyone experienced?

#2 CraigR

CraigR

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:49 AM

Have you had a diagnosis? Sounds like you haven't. If it never goes away, it could be peripheral neuropathy. It it comes and goes, it's probably some sort of neuralgia (?). I've had trouble with both.

Some help might be had: avoid caffeine, chocolate and concentrated sugar. Vitamin B6 might also be helpful. That's helped me avoid getting these attacks during the night.

Craig

#3 Guest_Sadie_*

Guest_Sadie_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:09 AM

I have alot of numbness in my hands and feet. I just wear mittens alot and always socks on my feet and slippers. Right now, I have a sore on one of my toes that was infected lately so I've been proping my feet up on a pillow. It's strange how I can be hot at times and my feet and hands can be so numb. Scleroderma sure is a weird illness!
Sadie

#4 Kaycee

Kaycee

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:46 AM

I can get the numbness, too, even though my body is actually hot. Go figure!
Much love,

Kim

Be yourself...everyone else is taken.

#5 relicmom1

relicmom1

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 10:08 AM

I get the numbness and tingling in my hands, arms, feet and legs. I have carpal tunnel release surgery on both hands, and though not totally resolved, the pain and numbness HAD been much better. I was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy back about 2003. That was when I had my first sleep study. The dr. tested with the "tuning fork" :P and told me that I had it. He asked if I had a lot of trouble with falls, and I did. He told me not to walk in the dark as I could not "feel" where my feet are and am prone to fall. I now have night lights in every room and hallway and it did make a difference. The numbness/tingling has gotten worse over the last six months or so. When I go to the rheumatologist in May, I'm going to bring it up then. I do take Norvasc for my Raynauds and have for years. I have been forturnate not to have had any problems with ulcers. I think it's because as soon as I was diagnosed, they started the Norvasc right away.
Peace :)
Barbara aka relicmom1

#6 omaeva

omaeva

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 10:49 AM

I have just been diagnosed with CREST/Sclero thus far.
I'm starting to pay attention more to my symptoms now because a lot of them I've had for years but never thought much about it, especially if it happened to go away. I will definitely bring this up to my rheumatologist.