Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Ears and SSc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lizzie

lizzie

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:03 AM

Just a question I have been meaning to ask for ages: does anybody else think that the Ssc has effected their ears? The extrenal part of my ears are very dry and flaky, and when I saw the practice nurse for ear syringing she remarked how narrow my ear canals were and had a problem with the procedure-I'm they never used to be.
Lizzie

#2 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:26 AM

Hi Lizzie,

I'm sorry to hear of your ear problems.

Yes, scleroderma can affect the ears; in fact I'm hard put to think of any part of the body it cannot affect, although ear involvement does appear to be rather uncommon with scleroderma.

I have tympanosclerosis, which is autoimmune ear disease that can be caused by scleroderma as well as other things (I am a veritable autoimmune mutt). We have a page on autoimmune ear disease, at:
http://www.sclero.or...ars/a-to-z.html
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

#3 Guest_Sadie_*

Guest_Sadie_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:04 AM

Lizzie,
Sorry to hear about your ear problem. The only thing that I've had problems with my ears is, sores on the outside of them. Whenever theres a sore on them, it gets pretty sore.

Sadie