Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Diffuse or Limited

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LMS

LMS

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:02 AM

I am currently being worked up for a diagnosis of Systemic Sclerosis. My ANA titre is 1:640, anticentromere pattern. I know from the research I have been doing there is a strong indication for Limited. However, I am experiencing a lot of changes more rapidly particularly in my hands and skin. I have Reynaud's but insted of that symptom lasting more than 5 years (as the research indicates), I am feeling skin changes in my hands. It feels like my nails are seperating from the nail bed, itchy fingers, tightness around both my thumbs, pigmented skin appearence on my face and hair line as well as shortness of breath to the point where I can't do certain activities anymore. Also the typical aches and pains that go along with this.

Now that I have given you some background, my question is: Is it possible to have Diffuse Scleroderma with the anticentromere antibody only?

Also, I have an appointment with my 2nd rheumatologist on May 12th.

Loren

#2 omaeva

omaeva

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:21 AM

From what I understand sometimes ANA won't even tell you anything about Sclero. But I did find this

What are antibodies?

which might help understand it better.

And sorry you're experiencing all those symptoms and hope you find relief soon.