Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

Digital pitting & cuts

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nan

nan

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:25 AM

The tips of my fingers have been sensitive for quite a while. Now most of my fingers look like tight wrinkled prunes. I also have cuts on them that look like paper cuts and they really hurt. Is the pitting just when you push in the skin and it doesn't bounce back or is it the wrinkling like a prune? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Nan

#2 Buttons

Buttons

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:39 AM

Hi Nan

I don't have any answers for you but I'm sure there will be someone who knows.

I also find my finger tips very sensitive, a bit like when you have blisters but they are kind of under the skin. My toes, especially the big ones look like dried prunes all the time and are often deep purple in colour when I have a Raynaud's attack.

Take Care

Jensue

#3 Cheryle

Cheryle

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:21 AM

Nan,
I don't have the pitting , but I have the "paper cuts"
Do you by any chance have Anti Jo 1 antibodies? I have those small cuts that crack & bleed. Then they get better for awhile, and come back quickly. If it's due to the antibody, it's known as Mechanics Hands. My dermotologist gave me some steroid cream, but it hasn't made a difference.
Cheryle

#4 CFMBabs

CFMBabs

Silver Member

• Bloggers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:38 AM

My Rhuematologist dogs me everytime I go because I have wrinkles and deep painful cuts right on my fingertips.
She recommends that I use a good hand cream to keep my digits supple. She warns me not to use very hot water to wash pots and always to use rubber gloves when immersing my hands in hot water!
My hands do tend to dry out especially at the fingertips. They crack and become very sore and because I have such bad Raynauds, the healing process takes much longer!

I sympathise with you my friend!

Love and best wishes
Barbara xxx

#5 KarenL

KarenL

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:25 AM

I have the same thing. Every night I use an antibiotic ointhment with pain relief and then I keep the (worst of) the finger (s) covered with a band-aid that has antibiotic in it whenever they get bad. If I stop the treatment, the cuts come back. Also, there's a cream called "crack cream" which works well. Good luck.
Karen

#6 nan

nan

Gold Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:23 AM

Thanks for all of your replies. Cheryle, I don't know about the antibodies, I don't think I have ever been tested for that. I was able to get in to see a dermatologist today. She thinks my hands look great! I don't have the hardening and no open sores. For the cuts she said to use Super glue or liquid bandaid. For something so little they sure can hurt!
Have a good day!
Nan

#7 marjimaybe

marjimaybe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:01 PM

Yes, I have that on my feet and hands and use a cream that is the best. If you want to know the name of it please send me a private message and I'll share. It has a little menthol or something in it, very little, and is thick but heals cracks very fast. I think they are discontinuing the big tubes so you can often find it on sale at the drug store. I soak my hands and feet in epsom salts or foot salts and warm water then while wet put on a thick cream like bath and body thick stuff. It seems to help. My son prefers and oatmeal lotion.