Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

Wax baths

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Helen

Helen

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:55 PM

I think I mentioned before that I couldn't find a wax bath in Australia. Well I found one on the internet....so if any Aussies are looking for one I can give you the website.
Mine arrived in the mail yesterday and is great. Now I can play my computer games and when my hand starts aching I can give it a dip in the wax :lol:

Warm wishes

Helen

#2 summer

summer

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

Hi Helen,
I'm in Melbourne, what is a wax bath and how do you use it?, sorry to be so ignorant. I have been trying to find hand warmers, one that you can microwave, but haven't had much luck.

Thanks
Celia

#3 Helen

Helen

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 12:00 AM

Hi Celia

Warm paraffin wax is good for your hands...for aching joints. The wax bath is an electric wax heater. You dip your hand in about 6 times then you hand is coated in wax and the heat seems to get right in. You leave it on for about 10 to 20 minutes, then peel it off. It feels really good.
If you do a search on the internet you should be able to see one.

Helen

#4 lizzie

lizzie

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:28 AM

I just bought one too ( after recommended the physio). I got it online. It has arrived in a big big cardboard box , but I haven't got round to unpacking it yet. I got one that is big enough to put my feet in too. I'm looking forward to a pampering session soon.
Lizzie

#5 Bird Lady

Bird Lady

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:02 AM

Hi Helen, Wax baths are great. I use it for my hands and feet. It's the only time my feet are ever warm. BMW(Birdmans wife) uses it also. Ced, BMW makes these little hand warmers for me by sewing pieces of cloth together (approx 4" squares) and packs them with plain white rice. I pop them in the microwave for about two minutes and they stay warm for a long time. I hold them in my hands, stuff them in my pockets and sometimes put them in my socks to keep my feet warm. They're great. I even take old white socks, pack them with rice and tie a knot in the top. These make great warmers also. Hope this helps. Good luck everyone, Birdman
Hugs for All,

Julie (Bird Lady)