Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

Anyone Taking Losartan?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CFMBabs

CFMBabs

Silver Member

• Bloggers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:09 PM

I've been given a new pill -- one that I can crush. It's low dose Losartan, and I wondered if any of you guys have tried it?

I've taken just a couple of the tablets and so far I'm not sure whether or not thay work! The weather there had been quite warm recently, although I still remained cold! I had a few attacks of Raynauds yeasterday but I think they recovered quicker than usual!
Maybe it's my imagination -- the fact I'm hoping they work!

Perhaps you have had the same experience, I could put it down to the drug working. Your input would be greatly appreciated as alaways.

Best wishes
Barbara xxx

#2 lizzie

lizzie

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:28 AM

Hi Barbara

I mentioned about Losartan to you on anither thread , but in case you didn't read it will repeat myself ( I do that a lot!). I have difficult to control vascular problems (accordiing to the rheumatologist - although he could have said that I was a difficult to control problem). In March I was started on Losartan in addition to the huge ose of nicardipine ( 120mgs a day ) and 8 weekly Iloprost infusions. An effect was noticeable very quickly. I cut down an dthen stopped the Nicardipine just to see what it was like without them and was no different so am sure that the Losartan is more effectiv ethan anything else I've tried. Plus a big bonus is that I haven't had side effects. I assume thathere must be some research recently published re Losartan and raynauds that our rheumatologists have read!
Lizzie

#3 CFMBabs

CFMBabs

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Bloggers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:13 PM

I think I wrote my post at the same time Lizzie. I did read your reply on Tangelo's thread!
I also think you may be right about the doctor's all reading the same drug papers as my doctor seemed to be adamant that I try Losartan.

So far I haven't had any probs with the drug but I'm not sure it's working -- my fingers and feet are quite dead as I write this. I'm only on a low dose (25mg) perhaps when I go back to see her she may increase the dosage?

Thanks for your response, at least I know I'mnot on my own.

Best wishes
Barbara xxx