Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

Skin sores

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bird Lady

Bird Lady

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:33 AM

Does anyone have places on their skin that just don't seem to ever heal? I have a place on my leg about the size of a baseball that stays blue all the time. Sometimes it starts itching and the more I scratch the worse the whole area gets. It becomes one great big sore. My doctor did a biopsy but couldn't give a clear explanation as to what it is. He says it is not part of the sclero but I just think it has to be. He gave me a steroid cream that seems to help but it never clears up that big blue spot. I have other smaller spots on my body that itch and ooze clear liquid. Gross isn't it? Does anyone else have anything similar? I think it's all connected because I've always been healthy and all this stuff started at the same time. Birdman
Hugs for All,

Julie (Bird Lady)

#2 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:26 PM

Birdman, have you consulted a board-certified dermatologist about these spots?
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

#3 Guest_Sadie_*

Guest_Sadie_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:51 PM

Birdman, I have about 4 sores that haven't ever healed right and they get infected alot. One of my sores is on my hip that my homecare nurses keep a eye on because it never healed up as good as it should. I had MRSA in it last Fall. If you ever see thick yellow or green puss coming out of it, call your dr. right away.
Sadie

#4 Bird Lady

Bird Lady

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:19 AM

Shelley, I have seen a dermatologist also and he also did a biopsy. He asked if I had traveled in any third world countries. He said it seemed to be caused by something from the earth. No real explanation. Birdman
Hugs for All,

Julie (Bird Lady)

#5 truman

truman

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:50 AM

Birdman:

The spots that ooze clear liquid, are you sure they aren't calcifications? I have calcifications that ooze both clear and chalky substances and never quite heal.

I also have a blue spot on my leg, which sometimes itches like crazy and hurts at the same time. My doctor says this is phlebitis of the vein and the vein itself is the blue spot.
Tru

It is what it is...........

#6 Bird Lady

Bird Lady

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:20 AM

Thanks for all your responses. Birdman
Hugs for All,