Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Lucy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Snowbird

Snowbird

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:55 AM

Hi Lucy

Not sure if you're on lately but hope you are. Just wondering how you are now that you've been back on the Gleevec for about 1 week? Sure hope you are tolerating the treatment better this time! :)
Sending good wishes your way!

#2 Lucy

Lucy

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:54 AM

Hi Snowbird
What a pleasant surprise to log on and see my name. Thanks. I have had a tough week, but I think it was more mental than physical. Going back on the medication after such a sever reaction has been so scary I think I just shut down. Did not talk much stayed as close to my husband as I could. I have gotten through the first week on one pill without any signs of trouble so I am just waiting for my doctor's office to call and up it to two pills. I think I will be okay at two but scared trouble begins at three. Anyway I have told myself this is my only hope, I have to fight my way through this and my scleroderma continues to get worse and worse, I know notice the changes every week now. Of course all this stress does not help. I got your email would love to meet you - will respond tonight.
Lucy
Diffused Scleroderma
Diagnosed Dec/06
First Sympton Nov/05

#3 Snowbird

Snowbird

Platinum Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:58 AM

Hi

I'm glad to see you answered...that's good news to me because you're here and not in the hospital this time! It's great that you made it through the first week...I'll keep my fingers crossed for your second week too. You wouldn't be human if you didn't feel the stress, especially after that adverse reaction. Keep holding your husband's hand and stay close...I'm sure it will take at least some of the stress away (although I know not all).

I'll look forward to your PM.
Sending good wishes your way!