Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Update on illness

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Dianna in Arkasas

Dianna in Arkasas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 04:33 PM

Dear Sadie,
Thank you for sharing with us what you are going through. Just remember, no one person on this earth knows when on how we will leave. We have no promise, no assurance of our next breath. Each moment in our lives is a small miracle, and I think we, with this nasty disease, are aware of it more acutely. Also keep in mind, doctors can be so wrong, they are only human too. As a nurse in a small hospital I have taken care of patients that have been on hospice for years, and some have even been discharged from the program because they improved so much! It sound as though you are surrounded by loving, caring people that will do their best to take care of you. Stay positive, think loving thoughts and by all means, keep yourself comfortable and warm. Please keep us posted as you are able. I'm so glad you are at peace!
Wishing you better days ahead,
Dianna

#22 summer

summer

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:17 PM

Hi Sadie,
Thanks for sharing with us the situation that you are now in, I agree with Dianna about not knowing when our time is up. You are lucky that you have family that support you in your time of need.

Try and think positive thoughts, doctors have been known to get things wrong all of the time. Just because they have given you a time limit when they think you might not live any longer, doesn't mean it is true. You seem to be at peace, regardless of what happens, if it was me, I wouldn't accept what the doctors say about time limits. I would want to fight even longer to prove them wrong.

Anyway Sadie, please know that we are all here for you and care about you, you will be in my thoughts every day.

Love Celia

#23 emmie

emmie

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:33 PM

Hello Sadie,

I have not been posting lately, but have been a member for quite a while and always check in several times weekly. Your comments to others have always struck me as compassionate and understanding.

I would just like to offer you some compassion in return. Obviously you know scleroderma inside out after 18 years. I don't think it knows you, though. I don't think SSc expected to invade your body so extensively and cause you such physical suffering but not break your spirit. In spite of your pain you are still able to offer others kindness. In that way,you have beat scleroderma and that counts for so much.

I am sure you are already feeling much better with your choice to be cared for through hospice. You will benefit from the special care you receive and just as important, they will all benefit by knowing you. All my well wishes are with you. I look forward to reading more from you as you feel able. Thinking of you and sending gentle hugs,

emmie

#24 omaeva

omaeva

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:02 PM

Sadie,

I am so sorry to hear about all of this. I am just amazed with what grace, it comes through the words you type. Stay strong and all my love to you and your family.