Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Chronic tongue ulcer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fancyface

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:46 AM

Hey guys,
Sorry it have been so long since I have been to our website! As most of you know I lost my mom in April to cancer. During this time I have had to put my symptoms aside! As a result, my symptoms have been progressing quickly. New problems almost everyday! I have had an ulcer on my tongue for about 2 mths. now. Antibiotics have not helped....

I finally went to oral surgeon and he told me that it was CTD related. He also wants it to get completely well. If not gone in a few weeks then he will do a biopsy on this! I am not excited at all.

Also, it is getting harder and harder to swallow now. It's getting to the point that eating is not worth the effort. My rheumatologist recently started me on Reglan but it seems to make me very sleepy so I don't take it as prescribed while working. Now I also have constant burning in my esophagus and just beneath my sternum. It feels like something is "moving around" right around the sternum area. I plan to go to my general practitioner as soon as possible and I'm sure I will be having yet more tests...............

It feels good to get these issues off my chest. My family is supportive but my fiance is not so thanks guys for being there for me.

#2 Snowbird

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:51 AM

Hi Mel

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother, that's so huge to deal with on it's own, never mind on top of everything else you are going through. I agree, yuk that you need more tests, but it's definitely a good thing to do, it's much better not to let those things fester. Keep us updated on what's happening with you when you can ok. We're always here for you!
Sending good wishes your way!