Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

What to expect with a Sero Negative diagnosis

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scleromom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:38 AM

I have been sick for years (13 or more) and all I heard was," Yes you are sick, we don't know what it is;" You have fibro, go see a psych doctor for 2-3 years; "no you don't have fibro, you have Lupus, no you don't have that the test was neg." Finely I begged my new Dr. to figure out what was wrong with me; he did a a bunch of blood work which all came back neg; even the blood work for inflimation. This is kind of crazy because I Have chronic dry eyes and had plugs put in last year because of inflimation.

Anyway, the doctor gave me a sero neg diagnosis and sent me to an ent doctor because I had an abnormal barium swallow, the ent agreed with the diagnosis beause he ran more test and I have some problems with my vocal chords and swallowing. Apparently I have a problem with acid reflux, which I did not know I had. I see a rheumatologist doctor on Fri to confirm all this, what should I expext, what questiins should I ask? My primary doctor also thinks I have sjogrens.

I am glad someone is giving me an answer;but I do not know what to expect; from what I read so far, this disease can be horrid.

#2 nan

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:46 PM

Bless your heart! At one point I was positive in the bloodwork for Sjogren's. I have never had a positive bloodwork for scleroderma. I did have a high ANA. The doctor that diagnosed me at Johns Hopkins said she didn't care what the bloodwork said and gave me this diagnosis: CREST/ Limited scleroderma, Raynaud's( which is the R of CREST), Sjogren's, Fibromyalgia, severe GERD, and GAVE( lesions that bleed in my stomach spontaneously). She made the diagnosis from symptons and examining my body. I was terrified when I got the diagnosis of scleroderma. After coming to this forum I felt better. Many people on this site have been living quite a long time with this nasty stuff. I hope that you will have a good visit with your rheumatologist. Feel free to email me or private message me if I can help you in anyway.
Take care :)