Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

What does your bloodwork show?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ez62

ez62

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:09 AM

I am just curious as to what, if any, abnormalities have shown up in your bloodwork, and what you have been diagnosed with. Thanks! Eileen

#2 JudithL

JudithL

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:55 AM

Hi Eileen. Before she would approve my request to see a rheumatologist, my primary care doctor sent me for bloodwork, and the results were: positive ANA (with titer >1:2560, Centromere pattern, negative SCL-70). I saw the rheumatologist a couple of weeks later and, based on the bloodwork plus a clinical evaluation, he diagnosed me with limited systemic sclerosis.

I also have other, inconsistent abnormalities including low hemoglobin/hematocrit/etc (due to GAVE), high TSH (possibly due to thyroid issues), low neutrophil/lymphocyte counts (no explanation), high ALT/AST (again, no explanation).

Judith

#3 Margaret

Margaret

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:59 PM

Hi Eileen ,

For blood work, my son had the + ANA, + Anti-RNA Ploymerase 1/111, high fibrinogen, negative SCL-70 and a high sed rate.

For symptoms, he had the esophageal dismotility, loss of voice, restricted lung disease, chest (sternum/rib cage) pain, esophageal spasms, and major fatigue.

Initailly, the doctors thought sine Scleroderma but he ended up with the diagnosis of UCTD. He has been on Plaquenil for a year now and is doing OK.

Take care, Everyone.
Margaret