Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Shelly the alarm clock

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Karenlee

Karenlee

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:39 AM

Ugh that cat of mine :( I love her to peices but she's gotten into this awful habit lately of waking up around 4 am and jumping all over the furniture, knocking things down, walking right across my chest. I feel like I haven't slept in a week.

Just thought I'd share, since I'm sorta in a fog today from it. :P

Karen

#2 Clementine

Clementine

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:34 AM

Aww, how sweet though! I wonder why she just now started this 4am trend.
My dogs wake up every morning at 6:30 and smother me with love. They bury their heads in my neck and fight for who can give me the most kisses. I LOVE IT! The last two mornings I've been able to get back to sleep until 8, which has been nice. Shelly needs to take an anxiety pill, lol! My dogs also start staring me down at 3:30, which happens to be dinner time for them...ha!
Get some rest girlfriend.
Tangelo

#3 Karenlee

Karenlee

Senior Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:01 AM

Haha I have no idea what's up with her. Maybe like you said, I'll slip her one of my Xanax before bedtime :P

That's great that your doggies love you up like that. Is that the best feeling or what? No matter how bad a day your having, they just love it all away. :)
I'd love to add a dog (or three) to the family but I just don't know how she'd handle it. She does rule the roost after all. Lol

#4 Peggy

Peggy

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:23 AM

We have 2 dogs who have decided the last week that they need to go outside 2 or 3 times every night which doesn't lend to a night of complete sleep. No matter how much I tell them to go lie back down I just have to give in and let them out. I know it's not because they have to "go" but they just want to stand outside and "look around". I love them to death but I am real close to muzzling them or putting them in a kennel during the night................just kidding. What would I do without my teddy bears to sleep with? By the way............one is a 6 pound teacup poodle, but the other one..............he's a 70 pound german shorthair and insists on sleeping right between my husband and myself and there's no moving the covers once he lays down.

I hope you can get some sleep soon as I know you were just starting to feel a little better.

Warm hugs,

Peggy

#5 Karenlee

Karenlee

Senior Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:44 AM

Peggy that's too funny that your 70 lb dog plops right in the middle of you two and you can't move the covers Lol. Shelly has a similarly hoggish habbit of laying across the bed horizontally on top of the covers so neither of us can lay down with our legs stretched out or get under the covers. And of course, I don't dare disturb the queen bee. I just don't have the heart to move her away. :D

#6 Purr

Purr

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:44 AM

My two cats have started a wild and crazy routine in the last two weeks. They race through the house and slide across the wood floor hallway (they're declawed in the front). This is usually done at night, but before I go to sleep. Then about 7:30am Lily comes in the bedroom and starts meowing <_< . I think it might be "the weather"... :lol: . They're really enjoying having the windows open.

Christy
Love makes the world go around!

#7 Karenlee

Karenlee

Senior Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:17 AM

Christy,

Haha I have the image in my head of them ice skating down the hall way LOL!
It must be the weather. They're all getting too playful and frisky :lol: