Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

I havent been in a good mood since my son left to go back home

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sam

Sam

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 03:35 PM

Well my son Mike and his wife and my granddaughter Hailynn came up last Tuesday and left yesterday to go back home. I am having a hard time with it. I miss them so much. Hailynn wouldnt let me hold her since she didn't know who I was. But she would smile at me. While they were up here I had a birthday party for Hailynn 2 months early but it was an enjoyable day and lots of good food. Yes I had cooked sunday morning to have everything ready at noon that day. I will tell you it's nice to have my house back to where it was 2 quite but I also miss having my children around and my neices over every night too. Well just wanted to have self pity party for me. LOL!! I will be ok in a few days. Sam
Sam

#2 Karenlee

Karenlee

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:02 AM

Sam,

Sorry your feeling down. Hope youre feeling better today. I know what it's like to be alone, as my hubby travels a lot. (he's away now as a matter of fact). But you get used to it somehow. I know I spend WAY too much time on the computer Lol

Are they planning to come back for a visit again soon? I'm sure they can't wait to come back for more yummy food and fun.

Keep your chin up. :)

Karen

#3 Peggy

Peggy

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:33 AM

Sam,

Sorry you are having to go through heartache. I know how great it is to have our kids around to fill the air with laughter, talk and joy. I know when I see my kids it makes my day. I have a son overseas in the army and there isn't a day that doesn't go by that I wouldn't give my left arm to have him here with me.

Remember the good times you have; capture that smile in your mind and let it bring a smile to your face; and look forward to your next visit. You have such a good heart!

Warm hugs,

Peggy

#4 truman

truman

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:40 AM

Sam:

What a nice idea, a birthday party early! I know the hustle and bustle of getting a Sunday dinner ready for the family, makes the whole event fun. Hopefully there will be more frequent visits in the future. Enjoy each one as they come along. Good part was the sleepover visit as opposed to the hit and run visit. You had a longer time to enjoy their company.
Tru

It is what it is...........

#5 truman

truman

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:46 AM

Ah Peggy:

Didn't know your son was away in the army. Good hugs your way. Such a fine young man he must be. Well, what's gonna be the BIG dinner on his return? His favorite? What's that?

Linda
Tru

It is what it is...........

#6 Peggy

Peggy

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:52 AM

Hi Tru:

Thanks! Yeah, he's pretty special. He is military, USA - all - the - way patriotic. He comes home on leave in August so his favorite meal of a roast with potatoes and all the fixings, and of course his favorite dessert - "Better than Sex" cake..........
can't wait!!!!

Warm hugs,

Peggy

#7 Sam

Sam

Gold Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:27 AM

Thanks everyone today is alot better for me. I have been hanging out with my hubby and I just got done cleaning my carpet and furniture it was much needed. Well I better go see what I have to fix dinner for us. Take care and thank u..

Peggy I so know how you feel about giving your left arm to have your son home from overseas. I was x marine wife and it was awful but I was a strong lady at that time. I will keep you and your son in my thoughts. Sam
Sam