Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Nitroglycerin paste

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nan

nan

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:38 AM

My rheumatologist at Hopkins wants me to try the paste because I can't take Norvasc due to low blood pressure. She didn't tell me how to use it and the instructions with the med are weird. Do I just rub some on the tips of fingers and cover?
Thanks ahead of time for your expertise!
Nan

#2 Michelle2

Michelle2

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:36 AM

Hi there~

from what I was told your should be putting it at the base of your fingers....not on the actual sore. You can even rub it in as you would lotion.

Hope this helps!
Take care and stay warm,

Michelle

#3 Catty

Catty

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:51 AM

You can get a real bad headache if you use too much of this stuff!
You can only use a small amount...DO NOT EVER PUT IT ON AN ULCER! I did that once and I wished to die...it burned until I washed it off....You apply it around an area...a very small amount too...NOT DIRECTLY TO AN ULCER.
Catty~

#4 nan

nan

Gold Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:13 AM

Thanks for your advice. At this point I don't have any ulcers my hands just hurt and have small paper cuts on them off and on. My Raynaud's is really bad.
Have a good day!
Nan

#5 KarenL

KarenL

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:53 AM

Hi Nan,

I use it all the time. You take about a half inch and apply it to the base of the finger palm side. Then, gently wrap it with a band aid and leave it there as long as you can. I do mine mainly at night, right before bed, so it stays in place. Also if I get a headache, I'm asleep! :) Good luck, and don't stop doing it, the problem will come back.
Peace,
Karen

#6 nan

nan

Gold Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:26 AM

Karen,
Thanks! I will do just that!