Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Twitching in bed

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gizelle

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:26 AM

I twitch so bad when I'm sleeping, that my husband can't sleep in the same bed with me. I wake myself up all night long. I also always wake up with one arm up in the air, it don't fall down, it's really weird. Do any of you have any of these problems? Gizelle

#2 nan

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:16 AM

I did that for about six weeks. One time I woke up with both arms and both legs in the air. It was restless legs and arms which can be due to low iron. My hemoglobin was 6.1 and I had to be hospitalized and have 2 transfusions. I have watermelon stomach(GAVE) which is lesions in your stomach that bleed spontaneously. Do you have this? How long have you been doing it? I think you should check your hemoglobin level.
Take care,

#3 Michelle2

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:53 AM

Wow that's really different. I've never heard of that before. The only thing that comes to mind is restless leg syndrome. But this sounds like it involves more than just legs.
Take care and stay warm,

#4 Snowbird

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:55 AM

My hands twitch but I don't know why :unsure: ...my husband hates that too, says my hand moving keeps him awake if I have my arm around him.
Sending good wishes your way!

#5 truman

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:24 PM

I twitch too, but I find it's while falling into the deep sleep rather than the twilight sleep. I actually welcome it as I know the deep sleep is coming soon which I so badly need.

It is what it is...........

#6 relicmom1

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:58 PM

I went thru the terrible and I do mean TERRIBLE twitches. So bad my primary care physician thought it was the beginning of Parkinson's. He sent me to a Neurologist and come to find out, my twitching was caused by Reglan I was taking for my tummy. I have restless legs as well, but this twitching was different. I stopped the reglan and the muscle twitching stopped. I feel for ya!
Peace :)
Barbara aka relicmom1

#7 Guest_Sadie_*

• Guests

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:24 PM

My hands, arms, legs, and feet do that alot. It must be another one of the strange things that happen with Scleroderma.

#8 luvbnmom3

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:43 AM

I twitch like crazy all the time, but especially when I am laying down & trying to go to sleep. I will have going through another EMG on Wednesday (had one a year ago that was fine). To me, it feels like my body is trying to relax into the matress but everything has to jerk into a relaxed postion & it takes a while to get there.

During the day, I twitch all over, especially legs, like I've been startled... maybe I do it in my sleep too, I don't know. My toes twitch, like pop up quick (1 toe every now & then). Who KNOWS....lol. I hope somebody has some good answers for ya~!