Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

Pancreatic Concerns

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Deedee

Deedee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:39 PM

Hi, I was wondering if you might know how to word pancreatic concerns to a doctor? I have bp ranges in the 80/50-100/60 range, erratic low sugars (36-44), problems with ingesting sugars/di and polysaccharrides and certain high protein foods , and I feel like I am repeating this info. to doctors but it is getting pushed under the scleroderma umbrella. How can I help my doctors see me as a whole package and not just an "anxious" scleroderma patient? I'm really frustrated!
Sincerely, Juanita

#2 barefut

barefut

Platinum Member

• Bloggers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:41 PM

Hi Deedee,

I noticed this is your 2nd post. Welcome to the forums. I usually have the opposite problem in that my doctors tell me, 'everything isn't necessairly sclero related'

But whether your symptoms are sclero related or not, are they taking your concerns and symptoms seriously? They should be looking into it regardless of its origin.

I am not familiar with pancreatic complications so I don't know how you could word your concerns regarding that specifically. Have you tried telling them your concerns just like you have told us here? I think you have said it perfectly.

#3 MicheleM

MicheleM

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:55 AM

Hi DeeDee,

If you think it's pancreas related go see an endocrinologist. That's their area of expertise and are usually very thorough in their exams. My understanding is that sclero can be involved in any part of the body, but not everything that happens to one who is diagnosed is sclero related. I had a blocked liver duct that wasn't necessarily related and in turn experienced pancreatitis we found out later. Apparently the pancreas is one organ that if it isn't acting up when tested it doesn't necessarily show up on results. That's my two-cents worth!
Soft hugs your way,

Michele

#4 Webby

Webby

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:43 AM

My mum has pancreas involvment. Her doctor, thankfully, picked up on this, and she now takes a medication that contains digestive enzymes that the pancreas normally produces. This simple med makes a *huge* difference for my mum.