Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Stepping on my own toes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 luvbnmom3

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:07 AM

Seriously though, on my left foot, I don't know why, but my toe next to my pinky toe keeps getting stepped on...like the pad of that toe is under the toe next to it & it pinches! I keep trying to walk different to avoid it, try shoes, no shoes.... it isn't working. What's the deal?

Do some people have the sclerodactyly more on their feet than hands? I have never seen my feet so wrinkle free from the ankles down. I used to have grooves in my heels (a year ago) but those are even smoothed out now but my hands are not that bad.

#2 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:17 PM

Hi Luvbnmom,

I wish I knew what to say about your toe, but I really don't. There are so many things that can go wrong with feet, some of it caused by ailments and some of it caused by our footwear or just plain "old age". I'd suggest you see your primary care doctor about it, and while you're at it, see if they think you have edema (swelling) in your feet.

Sclerodactyly can occur in the feet, it is just more common in the hands. For me, Raynaud's has always been worse in my feet than in my hands. But there could be other, more common, issues going on in your feet than sclerodactyly, so if it were me, I'd get an eval by my primary doctor first, and if necessary they'll refer you to your rheumatologist...or even to a podiatrist.

Here is a Mayo Clinic link on Foot Problems.

Please let us know what you find out.
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

#3 luvbnmom3

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:27 PM

Hey thanks... I think I have an idea... it seems like that toe just doesn't work, the end of the toe is a blob & it is practically limp or something, it is weird, it feels like when I walk, that toe gets shoved where ever, no resistance. I see the rheumatologist on the 30th.