Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

Where Did the Day Go?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Purr

Purr

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:20 AM

Hi everybody. I'm just letting off steam. This morning when I woke up I felt good, opened the patio door and windows. It was 65 degrees outside, low humidity, and partly sunny. I thought I was going to get a few things done. :) WRONG!! Punkin was suppose to be at the vet at 11:15. She went to sleep under the bed at 10:45! <_< I can't get down on my knees because I have so much trouble getting back up without help. Sooooooooo, I had to call and cancel the appointment. No big deal. About 11:30 I stretched out on the bed to read alittle bit. The next thing I knew it was 1:30. Got up had some lunch and ended up sleeping until 5:15. I'm sure there are others of you that have sleepy days, too. It just gets frustrating sometimes. Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

Thanks for the steam outlet! :D

Christy
Love makes the world go around!

#2 smurfette

smurfette

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:07 PM

I completely understand and empathize! Some days I can't get out of bed at all. Other days I promise myself that I will get out of bed after a quick nap and when I open my eyes again it is evening! I am exhausted way too often and it annoys me because I feel like my life is passing me by without me getting anything done! I have missed appointments or have been late frequently and I am so angry with myself sometimes. I like your ending sentence - tomorrow is another day - I plan on making my husband serve as an alarm clock/nodge to make sure I get moving!
Smurfette

Chocolate, It isn't just for breakfast anymore!

#3 Sherion

Sherion

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:48 PM

Oh Christy, I have soooo many days like that. I know exactly how you feel! I just keep saying that I've 'earned' it! LOL

Sherion

#4 razz

razz

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:11 PM

Christy,

That's happened to me and then I pay for it when nighttime rolls around. I'm as wide awake as an owl. Maybe your body just needed the rest.

I'm right over the border from you Christy and it was sooo hot today. I was outside grocery shopping, talking to my niece as she cleaned my pool, and then I drove my mom home from the store. I came back, set up my charcoal grill and grilled brats and hamburgers. Now I can't shake this heat off, it's like my body temperature core went up and won't go down. I changed into short shorts (I never go outside in short shorts) but it's 9:44 pm and I'm boiling. I think I'll just take a cold shower.

P.S. Why don't I turn on the a/c? It has to reach the high 80's before I turn it on. I'm frugal (another way of saying cheap, he he) and trying to help the enviro.

Sorry if I rambled on your thread.

Hope tomorrow's an energetic and exciting day for you!!

the Razz

:lol:
Live well, Laugh often, Love much

#5 truman

truman

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:56 AM

Christy:

Before leaving work, I was in construction which meant I was out of the house early while it was still dark out and on site before sun up. I also got out early in the afternoon as well. One afternoon I came home and just had to lay down for a while. After a couple of hours, I woke and looked at the clock and freaked! :o The alarm never went off and I'm late for work. Because I leave every morning it never occurred to me as I made haste, got dressed, into the truck and on the road heading to the site, that it was the same day, but 7:00 PM in the evening! It wasn't until I got on site and saw no vehicles or an ounce of activity that I realized my mistake and headed home. :blink:
Tru

It is what it is...........

#6 Purr

Purr

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:59 AM

Here we are wishing we didn't sleep so much. Can you imagine the people out there who would say, "Wish we could take a nap during the day once in while, or sleep late, etc.. It's one of those 'the grass is always greener' type things (except for the sickness).

I felt hot yesterday too, Razz. I finally started cooling off about 10:00 PM. My a/c is on but it's set to 78 degrees. Before I go to sleep I usually set it on 74.

I'm not feeling so tired today. There's an art gallery I'd like to go to and get some black and white prints or posters. I have a bunch of frames with nothing in them and wall space that needs filled. Maybe I'll even mop the kitchen and bathroom (they're small ;) ).

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Christy
Love makes the world go around!