Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Fish Oil & Flax Seed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JJ-Knitter

JJ-Knitter

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:21 AM

After reading the thread about seeing a nuitritionist for reflux and seeing how many people use fish oil and/or flax seed, I thought I'd share what my daughter, the pharmacist said:

Fish oil caps - keeping them in the freezer will stop you from burping the horrible fishy taste. They don't dissove before they get where they are supposed to be. Shake the bottle often as you are freezing them to keep them from sticking.

Flax seed - has more types of the Omegas than fish oil and is often better tolerated.

JJ

#2 Karenlee

Karenlee

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:56 AM

JJ,

I take fish oil caplets and cod liver oil daily. Mainly because my rhumetologist told me to eat plenty of fish, but I never seem to eat enough of it, so I take it in suppliment form. Oddly the fish oil doesn't give me the fishy burps but the cod liver oil ones do. And they are much smaller than the fish oil.

Karen

#3 JJ-Knitter

JJ-Knitter

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:21 AM

Huh, I wonder why the cod liver oil ones are worse... I'll have to ask my kid if she knows.

We give a fish oil capsule to our dogs every other day. One of them mouths it until she can maneuver it between her teeth and pops it. The oldest one is eleventy-seven (11 dog years x 7 human years) and has no health problems at all. She bounces around like a pup. Fish oil must be really good stuff! :lol:

#4 omaeva

omaeva

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:24 AM

I mix flax seeds into my yogurt in the morning. I just like them.

#5 Karenlee

Karenlee

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:00 AM

I don't know either, weird isn't it? But yeah, the fish oil in my opinion is one of the best suppliments you can take. For just about everything.