Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Just Checking Up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 truman

truman

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:43 AM

Haven't heard or seen any new posts from Razz. Sent emails to her as well. Does anyone know if she's okay? We have to look out for one another :mellow:
Tru

It is what it is...........

#2 Purr

Purr

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:43 AM

Hi Linda,

It's not unusual for Razz to go for a little while without posting. But I thought I saw a post from her just the other day. It was in the Sclero Den. Maybe I was hallucinating?? :blink: I do tend to lose track of time. :(

Christy
Love makes the world go around!

#3 razz

razz

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:47 PM

Truman,

I was reading the posts and just saw your posting. I saw my name and thought oh my goodness I better check my e-mails! I'm okay Linda! Thanks for asking and checking. I was working on a few small projects around the house and was doing some internet research on malabsorption. Also started cooking again now that my daughter's back home.

You guys really do look out for each other on this board! You reminded me of something I told my niece a week ago. When my daughter was out of town and no one was here at home with me, my niece Rachel said she just realized I was by myself and she would drop in to see me. I thought that was so sweet that someone thought of me.

Thanks Linda, you're a sweetheart. There's an e-mail headed your way! I promise!

:D
Razz
Live well, Laugh often, Love much

#4 razz

razz

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:14 PM

Christy,

You're right I do go on sabbaticals for a while but I always come back to see how everyone's doing. I'm not giving up my buddies!!

I've been feeling lazy and sleepy lately, maybe I should change my name to Razzputin.

Hugs,
Razz
:)

#5 Karenlee

Karenlee

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:10 AM

That's what I love about this community. Everyone cares so much for the well being of eachother. You don't find that often, so it really is a gift.
Glad to see you're back Razz. What have you been cooking?

Karen

#6 razz

razz

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:50 PM

Karenlee,

Please forgive my slow reply. Usually when I cook for two I'll make spaghetti, fried chicken, beef stew, chicken fajitas, tortas, flautas, grilled fish, tuna salad, chicken fried rice.

Tortas are the easiest. I'll buy round rolls and stop by the local mexican taco stand to buy a large size of home made refried beans. When I get home, I'll either cut up strips of chicken or beef and fry it fast on a high flame so it doesn't dry out. Then I'll cut the roll in half, spread the refried beans like peanut butter on one side. Layer chicken strips, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, onions, avocado and sour cream. (I skip the salsa or I'll use mild salsa). Hmmm very easy and very good!

Flautas are easy too. First I'll boil the chicken, (season the soup withsalt, garlic, etc) You can use thighs and legs or breast, whatever you prefer. (Or, even easier, buy a rotisserie cooked chicken) After it's cooked, I'll shred the chicken. Next, I'll heat up some corn tortillas, just so they're soft, to make rolling easy. Open one tortilla flat, on the edge of one side, place about two spoonfuls of shredded chicken. Then carefully tuck in the tortilla edge and start rolling to the other end. Use a toothpick to secure the edge. Use up all the chicken and tortillas. When completed, heat up oil in a skillet. Not too hot. Test the end of one flauta, if it sizzles, it's ready. Slowly start lining up the flautas as many as you can fit. When it's nice and toasty on one side, turn over. Repeat this process until all the flautas are fried. The final preparation is easy. Place 4 flautas on a plate. Sprinkle shreadded lettuce, tomatoes, onions, crumbled goat cheese, and top it off with salsa or diced avocadoes. Side dishes could be spanish/mexican rice and refried beans. Yummy. I just made myself hungry. Most of the work is in the chopping and dicing.

Anyone else have some good recipes?

Hugs,
Razz

I've been sitting too long.... have to get up and move around

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday. The weather's been beautiful here in Chicago!