Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

Low Grade Fever

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Purr

Purr

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:14 AM

Do some of you still experience a low grade fever? I have one right now. It's 99.8. My face feels hot and burns and my throat is alittle bit sore and ofcourse, I'm tired! :P This same thing happened last week and then went away. I'm wondering if it could be allergies. B) I've had the windows open some of the time.

Comfort and cheer!!
Christy
Love makes the world go around!

#2 Snowbird

Snowbird

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:44 AM

Hi Christy

I had weird stuff like that for a couple of years straight...then it dropped off, now it's coming back again but not nearly as often thankfully....it was in the early 90's and I was always feeling unwell, the doctor back then suspected I was autoimmune but nothing was rearing its head at that time to point to anything in particular.....and of course, the nastiest sore throat to go with it constantly too. For certain, it's not part of my Fibromyalgia....so that only left/leaves me with the autoimmune....and every time I'm the least bit tired still, in kicks that sore throat. I used to take tylenol "to help break the fever" and it helped for a few hours but of course it always seemed to find it's way back to me. Hopefully, yours will settle down too....
Sending good wishes your way!

#3 Purr

Purr

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:52 PM

Thanks Snowbird!

I've been having pain in my upper back along with the sore throat, so just to ease my mind I went to the doctor (primary care physician). My doctor's office has a walk-in clinic 5 days a week, 8 to 4. I didn't want to take the chance that the back pain could be my kidneys!! Fortunately, the kidneys are OK. :D The fever is down to 97.4 and the throat isn't as sore. I'll still take tylenol or something like that tonight.

Hope you're doing well.

Christy
Love makes the world go around!

#4 Alice02

Alice02

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:35 PM

Dear Christy,

I do get and most time I get very sick right after. I don’t mean to scare you, but just be caution and see a doctor maybe he will do some blood tests.

Feel better

Alice

#5 Snowbird

Snowbird

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:40 PM

Hey Christy

Yes, I'm well, thanks for asking.

I'm glad you went to the doctor...the upper back pain has never happened to me... it was smart to have that checked out. I'm glad to hear that it wasn't anything major....like your kidneys, eech!! Forgot to mention that sometimes too, I would bet my life I had a fever (chills, etc, everything that goes with it...but no temperature rise??) Then I'de take the tylenol and puff I felt better, just like when a fever breaks, and I was good to go for another short while)....I monitored mine for ages until I got tired of seeing nothing that was ever normal or made any sense (the world of autoimmune I guess). Hope you get some rest! Take care.
Sending good wishes your way!

#6 Peggy

Peggy

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:01 AM

My normal temp is always 97.5 which is below normal so when I have a temp of 99 then it's a real temp. I too run a low-grade temp off and on all of the time. I have talked to my doctor about it and she doesn't seem too worried about it. I have a protein marker they are watching for lymphoma so when I see my oncologist and I tell her about the low-grade temp she is the one then that worries about it but that's because she is watching me so closely for cancer. I also have terrible night sweats and not during the day I will have some pretty bad hot flashes which are terrible. Then after it passes I'm freezing to death! This goes on all day and all night. I end up changing my pj's once or twice a night from the night sweats.

I keep track of mine in a book so when I talk to my doctor about it at my next check-up I at least have something to track.

Warm hugs,

Peggy

#7 omaeva

omaeva

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:06 PM

I always have one within that range. Going on 4 years now. I kind of ignore it. Also if you can, I find that exercise helps with the tiredness and tends to kick my fever down a bit.