Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Hi all I have lots to tell you.. I guess.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sam

Sam

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:00 AM

Well I know I havent been on and someone emailed me to see if I was ok. so here is it goes.. A week and half ago I thought I was going ot have a mental break down. Everything that I was keeping inside that I didn't know I was keeping inside decided to let go. One thing after another happened. I had decided to contact a psychologist and I had my first visit last week. I will see the spychratic one on the 5th. My rheumatologist appointment was the start of it all. I was just sitting there waiting for the doctor to come in and I lost it there. As most you you know I do alot in the scleroderma and Ph community . Dr. K told me I need some rest and to get it. That I was doing too much. At this time my husband and I were talking about selling our home of 6 years because we can't afford it with out me working, as most of you know I have been trying to get on disability since 2003. They dont think its severe enough for me to get it. I am appealing and got that going now. The most thing wthat I have been dealing with now is pain in the joints especially in my neck and hip and my knees. And feeling of depression. The doctors are aware of it. I finally told my Howie on how I feel and he said to me what about me, Kinda of weird comment but I understood what he met. He doesn't want to be with out me. so that afternoon went on and we finally talked more the next morning. Howie works third shifts now. I hate it... But I have my three doggies to keep me company at night. So that is what is going on with me. This morning I am dealing with lots of mucle pain forgot to take my lyrica last night before bed and I am paying for it now.. I am getting help and I sticking with it this time. sorry for so long but I thought since I havent been on in awhile and a friend on here was worried that I better post. Take care, And have a great Day!! hugs Sam
Sam

#2 epasen

epasen

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:48 AM

Sam I'm so sorry to hear all this.. I don't know what to say. I hope you'll feel better soon and that things will work out. Hang in there.
Emmi

#3 truman

truman

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:35 AM

Sam:

Seems since the dam broke free you have a handle on this now with a perspective on which road to take. I too had a mental meltdown several years ago when it all became too much. I came back a stronger and more diligant individual. You are now on that road and seeing the doctor is one of the best paths. My neighbor goes once a week just to air out her frustrations with her personal and professional life. She then begins the work week with an uplifting attitude.

As my dear Aunt Bessie always told me; one door doesn't close without another opening. I believed her then, and I still believe it. What seems the worst somehow opens doors to bigger and better things.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and please keep us updated on your progress.
Tru

It is what it is...........

#4 lizzie

lizzie

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:30 AM

Hi Sam, Similar to as Truman's Aunt Bessies favourite saying , I too have one: " The darkest hour is always before the dawn". With all the problems you have had recently it sounds like you have been passing through that darkest hour, hope things now start to improve for you.

Lizzie

#5 smac0719

smac0719

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:30 AM

Sam,

I wish I had a magic wand to take all the pain and troubles away. Times are hard right now and it may seem that there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel, but there is. "Trouble don't last always" is a phrase from my youth that I remember often and I use it to get me through my rough periods. I'm glad you have someone to talk to and you will be in my thoughts!!
I may have Scleroderma, but Scleroderma doesn't have me!

#6 Snowbird

Snowbird

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:49 AM

Hi Sam

Sorry to hear you've had such a hard time...but glad to hear you went to the doctor for help, good for you!! When the burden is too big, we all need help, the trick is knowing that and you obviously do!! I'm sure it doesn't feel like it just now, but try to have faith that things will eventually work out, they always seem to some how albeit some are alot slower than others at times. Try to get that much needed rest when you can, it will help sort out those cob webs we all get from time to time too. Take care of yourself!! :) :)
Sending good wishes your way!

#7 smurfette

smurfette

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:42 PM

Sam,
You have taken the weight of the world on your shoulders. You do so much for everyone else that I am not surprised that you exploded. You have so much to juggle. You deserve Sam time. Time to re-group and re-charge. I am proud of you for realizing the need for help and getting it. You have been spread so thin and dealing with so much that you need to have someone to talk to on a regular basis. It will help you deal with all of your bottled emotions and pain. That coupled with rest should be just the ticket to putting you on the road to feeling better. We miss your sweet supportive comments on the board and look forward to you coming back feeling strong and well and renewed.
Smurfette

Chocolate, It isn't just for breakfast anymore!

#8 RememberingToSmile

RememberingToSmile

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:24 PM

Remember - it's the direction that is important, not the speed.... it's the direction that is important, not the speed.

I am sorry you are going through this, Sam, and will keep you in my thoughts. Please, take you time, take care of yourself, and build up some strength.

Also, I am glad you have the three dogs to keep you in the moment.

Keep your smile-
RTS

#9 JJ-Knitter

JJ-Knitter

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:44 PM

My fave coping saying is "it's not the destination that matters, it's the journey."

Chin up and listen to your doctors - rest may not cure all, but it sure does help.

Cuddle those dogs (and Howie too) and remember that we all here care and send warm hugs and good wishes.

JJ

#10 Peggy

Peggy

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:43 AM

I just wanted to send you a sincere note to tell you that I'm here for you as you are always there for all of us. I am so sorry you are going through such a tough time. But I too am so glad you are seeking help. That's the first and most important step. Sometimes life just hands us too much to deal with and we need someone to help us out. Remember we are all here for you too. This disease wrecks such havoc on our lives and turns everything upside down its no wonder it gets to be too much. Tomorrow is another day and you will get through this. You have the will to get better and that's half the fight. Please take care and know that if you need to talk let me know and I'll call you any time you need to.

Warm hugs,

Peggy