Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

People who've had a stem cell transplant...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PrincessB

PrincessB

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:41 AM

Hiya,

I've noticed since my stem cell transplant that I bruise much more easily than before. I'm still a little immunosupressed, I don't know if that has anything to do with it?

Prinny B x
Diagnosed diffuse systemic scleroderma December 2005 (on my 30th birthday, as if turning 30 wasn't enough?!)

#2 razz

razz

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:47 AM

Hi Prinny B!

How long ago did you have your stem cell tranplant? I had mine in June of 2000 and haven't experienced any bruising immediately after nor since. I also didn't have problems with bruising before the transplant. I wonder if it is related to one of the medications. Did you mentioned this to one of your doctors? Maybe someone else might have had this problem and could share with us their experience? Either way, congratulations and I wish you a speedy recovery to health!!

Hugs,
Razz
Live well, Laugh often, Love much

#3 CraigR

CraigR

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:27 AM

I had an autologous stem cell transplant in January, 2003 - but for Lymphoma, not sclero. No bruising problems. I agree that you should check with your doctor. Many things can cause that.

Craig

#4 Purr

Purr

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:23 AM

When I was taking 20 mg a day of my blood pressure medicine I bruised very easy. Also, meds like cumadin (spelling??) will cause easy bruising.

Take care,
Christy
Love makes the world go around!

#5 GocartMoz

GocartMoz

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:52 PM

Hi Princess,

I had an autologous sct in March 97 and can't say I experienced any bruising issues. I agree with the others that you should check with your doctors. Good luck.

#6 GocartMoz

GocartMoz

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:38 PM

oops ... I meant 2007 ... where have the last 10 years gone

#7 PrincessB

PrincessB

Senior Bronze Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:40 PM

Thanks for your answers. Am seeing him in October, so will ask him then. I had the transplant in September 2007, so it's nearly a year now. It's one of those questions that always slips my mind!
Diagnosed diffuse systemic scleroderma December 2005 (on my 30th birthday, as if turning 30 wasn't enough?!)