Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

Taking a leave of Absence

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sam

Sam

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

for awhile until I can get myself together and things that need to be done here at home. So if your wondering why I havent posted that is why. Take care, HUgs. Sam
Sam

#2 smurfette

smurfette

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:29 PM

Sam,

Do what you need to do sweetie, we will miss you but we understand what you have to do!

Love,
Smurfette
Smurfette

Chocolate, It isn't just for breakfast anymore!

#3 canon

canon

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:11 PM

Take care of yourself sam.

Think good thoughts. We have them for you and wish you well.

Judy
A happy heart is good medicine.

#4 truman

truman

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:22 PM

Sam:

A well deserved leave of absence. You need to get priority one settled first, and that's you.

I met an school mate of mine at the local supermarket today. She actually moved onto my block about two years ago. We hugged and kissed and sat on the bench in front of the market for an hour just catching up. She recently had both breasts removed due to cancer (another in our little hometown cluster of illnesses) and she was shocked to learn of my disease. She was more upset that as a nurse, she wasn't there to help me. How could she possibly help being so sick herself? She's come back from her turmoil fantastically. She was always filled with vinegar as a teen and we got in many a situation as teens do ;) . So for this one hour today, it was like we were teens again and rehashed old friends and present situations. As we hugged again to leave, she called out "Your done; you're never given more than you can handle and you've handled it well, it's over. You're on your way to being well now. From now on, you're priority one, you hear, priority one."

You have to make yourself priority one Sam; even if mates or children don't understand. Only then, can you hope to get above a great deal that is bringing you down. It doesn't mean you can never go back to work; my friend did after three years on disability but she went back a "new and improved" version.

I am so glad you've gained the insight to start thinking about you and I do hope you'll pop in often to let us know how well you're doing. We've all been there and if some haven't they may venture that path as well. I'll keep thinking positive thoughts for you and I know you'll do great!
Tru

It is what it is...........

#5 Annie N

Annie N

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

Hope you feel better and be kind to yourself and get some rest too while you're getting stuff done.
Best of everything,
Annie N

#6 mscht

mscht

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:15 PM

Hello Sam! I finally made my way here after many invites and you are on leave now. lol

Wish I could help but I will be lifting healing thoughts for you sweetie. We love ya! You know me, I don't need a tour guide. I will roam around here and see what buttons do what.

Cynthia in B :) ama

#7 Cheryle

Cheryle

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:00 PM

Sam,
Take care. I'll be thinking of ya & looking forward to your return.

#8 smac0719

smac0719

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:27 AM

Sam,

Kudos to you for taking care of you. As women, wives, mothers, daughters, sisters and friends we often put others before ourselves. It takes a great amount of courage and strength to realize that we have needs too and that we can't truly be a support to others when we are not a support to our own selves.

You will be in my thoughts and we'll be here when you return!
I may have Scleroderma, but Scleroderma doesn't have me!

#9 Purr

Purr

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:47 AM

Hi Sam,
Hope things improve for you soon. I'll be thinking of you.

Comfort and hugs,
Christy
Love makes the world go around!

#10 Peggy

Peggy

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:46 AM

I will be thinking nothing but positive thoughts for you. You deserve a break and to have only good things happen. I hope this much needed break will provide you the rest and insight you so richly deserve. You are always there for everyone else now its time for you to take care of you! Just know we are here for you if needed. Please take care and know you will be missed!

Warm hugs,

Peggy

#11 Snowbird

Snowbird

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:06 PM

Take good care of yourself and all the time you need Sam! We'll still be here whenever you get the urge to chat! Big hugs in the meantime!
Sending good wishes your way!

#12 Nina

Nina

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:26 AM

Sam ~ sorry I missed this when you first posted.
Take the time you need to care for yourself ~ smartest thing you could do.
I hope you have lots of support around you, if not, check in and you find plenty here!!
Much love,
Nina (DE)

#13 barefut

barefut

Platinum Member

• Bloggers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:24 PM

Hey Sam,

You will be missed here and I'll be thinking of you while you get your priorities in order.

Wishing you lots of energy, productivity, satisfaction, peace, comfort and relaxation.