Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

Raised Lines On The Skin ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Katherine

Katherine

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 12:26 PM

Good day / evening to all ,

I have these , raised lines on the skin of my right arm. They run , half way around my arm and are maybe 1/4 of an inch. wide There are 7 or 8 of them , about the same distance apart. They have been there for awhile now and I have no clue. Is it sclero , or something else ?

Katherine

#2 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 01:22 PM

Hi Katherine,

Please keep in mind that I have no medical training at all, and that I may be wrong (I often am!). I've never heard of anything like this due to any form of scleroderma. It sounds like dermatographia, which is an overreaction of the skin due to scratching. Sometimes the welts can stay there quite awhile. But who knows, it could probably be any number of things, so you should see your doctor.

If you aren't aware of having scratched your arm there, you may have itched it during your sleep. OR it could be something else altogether. But to satisfy at least some of your curiousity, no form of scleroderma causes raised skin, nor lines that would be 1/4" apart.
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.