Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Having a terrible time with my legs now

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sam

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:10 AM

Well yesterday and the day before when I sit down I'm having a hard time getting up. My knees really hurt when I get up from the bed or sitting in a chair. I have been Lyrica since May and I'm not sure it is helping any longer. The other day I had a migrane first one since 2000 something. I got a sample of zomig and it took it away quickly. YAY!!! I went over to my daughters new apartment and My mom went with me. She too is having problems with her legs, they have been swollen for along time. Well any ways we looked at my daughters apartment then she ask us if we wanted to see the work out room sure so we decided to walk which Andrea' said it wasn't far, well it was farhter then what my mom and I wanted to go but we did. By the time we were walking back I could hardly walk and started to have pains in my knee area, Annie went and got her car but we were almost to where it was parked at. So she didn't have to drive far. She gets out and let me drive, I love to drive. So we went home, drop my mom off and she was stubbling to get to the door. Then it was my turn to get dropped off and I could hardly get out of the car. Then at 10:00 last night both knees cracked pop and what ever else it was and boy did that hurt, I thought maybe it would lessen up the pain it didn't. I also got a charlie horse this morning around 5:00 am. NOt too happy. So I think since this is going on I better call the doctor. It has been going on for awhile and not getting any better. So wish me luck sorry this was so long. Sam

#2 mutsy67

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:55 AM

Sam I am so sorry to read how much trouble you are having! My hands are failing and I just keep saying - But I NEED my hands! And I know I would be saying the same thing if it were my knees! It must have been a hard day on your daughter too - so excited to show off her new place - poor thing.

I have not advise but wanted you know that I'm thinking of you - good luck with the doctors appt.

In Sclero Bonds (haha!)
Shari (AKA Mutsy)

#3 smac0719

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:41 AM

I'm sorry that you are having so much pain as of late. I experienced knee and hip pain a little over a year ago. I never contributed it to the sclero, but after reading some of the recent posts about knee and hip pain I wonder it was a condition of the disease. It came quickly stayed for months and left as quickly as it came. I have not experienced it since. It sounds like they hurt only when using them to get up and walk? Are you able to just relax and move around as little as possible until you can speak to a Dr? I know it's hard to do. Do you think you may have worked too hard in the yard last week? Regardless, I hope you experience some relief soon.
I may have Scleroderma, but Scleroderma doesn't have me!

#4 Peggy

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:41 AM

I can so relate to what you are going through. When you talk to your doctor maybe you should ask about the pain patches. They come in different pain strengths and I don't know what I'd do without them. Een with the patch I still have to take other prescription pain meds too, but without them the pain would be terrible. Mine is in my legs but has now gone into theh hips. I, like you, can't wait to talk to my doctor about it to see what the problem is. I hope you get some relief and some answers. I'm so sorry you're in pain as I know how debiltating it is. Take care and

warm hugs,

#5 KarenL

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:01 AM

Hi Sam,

I have a lot of knee problems too. The first step is to get an evaluation to see what exactly is the problem. I was misdiagnosed for years by my orthopedist, he thought my arthritis was between the teo leg bones and gave me shots and everything, nothing helped that he did. Finally, my rheumatologist said the arthritis was behind the knee cap and sent me to physical therapy. I was doubtful, but with a lot of work, it worked. Of course I have to keep it up and lose weight, but that's the crux. Find out why your knees hurst so bad, if it's getting up from sitting and going up stairs, the chances are you have what I have. Best of luck, it's a long hard row...

#6 Snowbird

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:55 AM

Hi Sam

Sorry to hear you're having all that pain! It was nice that you and your mother tried to go all the way...I'm sure that your daughter appreciated that being her new place and all. I hope you get relief soon and get into your doctor early!! Take care.
Sending good wishes your way!

#7 canon

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:52 AM

Sorry you are going through so much. I too have leg problems and my knees hurt especially walking up or down stairs. I do not have erosive arthritis so there is no damage yet, just pain and not everyday. It is probably a good thing to give your rheumalogist a call. Even though we have a disease which causes much pain I know there is a treatment for it. It does seem to take awhile sometiimes to find it. Keep searching.

Wishing you speedy relief,

A happy heart is good medicine.