Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 barefut

Platinum Member

• Bloggers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:11 AM

Lastnight I posted on the other site about self-hypnosis as a means of healing but couldn't get back on there to reply, that today I read a prediction that said, "This is a good time to train your own healing abilities as your sensitivity is high and you are more capable than usual of tuning into the healing energies."......Weird!

#2 Hailee

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:33 AM

Sometimes there just are strange things that happen that we can't understand.

Then there's also what most of us experience...just those little things that we attribute to coincedence--we are thinking of someone and sure enough--they call.

Talk again soon

#3 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:23 AM

Hi Barefut,

I taught myself self-hypnosis decades ago (from reading books about it), in order to hopefully improve my healing and reduce my pain level after a major surgery. I am very glad I learned it, as it is a skill that I can draw on whenever I need, and I only needed medication the first day after surgery, at the point when I was too spacey to fight off the hypodermic needle nurse.

Although it seems to be an "alternative therapy", there is a lot of mainstream research to bolster some of the claims made for it. There is an interesting review of hypnosis research by the Mayo Clinic

I'd highly recommend it for many purposes, but of course to understand its limits, like anything else. If you think of it, we are continually hypnotizing ourselves (or letting media hypnotize us) every time we concentrate intensely or repeat a thought over and over. And today hypnosis is a lot more than just clucking like a chicken on a traveling stage show!
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.