Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

Need Input!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Whitney

Whitney

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:22 AM

Thank You Sheryl,

I am very greatful for the things I have been able to read from all of you. It does help me put a better picture to what I have.

The tiredness sometimes hits every day and sometimes it doesn't. But I have never been a person to take a nap so it frustrated me, and felt so strange.

Thank You Again.
Diann

#22 Whitney

Whitney

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:44 AM

Hi Danielle,

I remember when I first started going to the doctor for this, he told me to avoid stress if I could. So you maybe right about stress affecting this. I work in a stressful job and along with that the day to day stresses of every day life might just add to it.
Do you think the different seasons form summer to winter, or hot to cold, and humid to dry seem to bother your Morphea to? It seems the humidity seems to make me itch more along with the heat.

Whitney

#23 Whitney

Whitney

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:00 AM

Hi Loy,
I'm a newbie also, and am just trying to get answers. I am not sure if my mirrored spots are coincidence or not, but they are on both sides of my body.
I think the tiredness comes from this because I never had it before like this. It doesn't feel the way you do when you have been very active and just gotten tired. The best I can discribe is the flipping of the switch.
You say you are trying to get through to doctors? Are you on medication now? I hope you find something to help you soon.

Whitney

#24 Whitney

Whitney

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:29 AM

Please let me know what happens with your treatment. I too have the spots on both breasts and are very itchy. I have become very creative on how to scratch and be discreet. LOL,LOL We should have a whole forum on, How To Scratch Discreetly, LOL. Has your doctor told you, Do not scratch, It only adds fuel to the fire., He is right I am sure, But for me I can't help it and I have gotten pretty good.
How long have you been diagnosed with this? How has the Diffuse Sclero affected your body? Do you think it has caused the morphea to be worse?

Whitney

#25 beedee

beedee

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:16 AM

Hey!
I live in an area that definitely has the seasons, our winters can be bad, but our summers never get really hot. I did go to Florida with the morphea as well. I haven't noticed a difference to be honest, but I do not really have itching, a bit of aching and tightness, but no itching, really.
I feel very strongly about the stress thing, I've had several things going on this year, and I think they certainly contributed to the new spots, and the difficulty of getting rid of the current ones.
Let me know if you're wondering anything else.

#26 Loyhargil

Loyhargil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:43 AM

I've noticed the fatigue thing lately - I think my recent pregnancy (7-month-old son) may have reactivated things. I just cannot sleep enough, and you're right, it's not a "been active" tired. It's not even a "boy, I've been up all night!" tired. It's just a "I just can't do anything but sleep" tired.

So far, I'm still waiting to get in with my general practitioner (he's not the most responsive fellow), and I'm going to immediately ask for a referral to a rheumatologist. Even when I was first diagnosed 17 years ago, no one ever put me on any medication. All the dermatologist at that time did was measure my arms to make sure they were the same length, and sent me on my merry way.

But the itching - ARGH! My spots are right on the waistline, so either pants or pantyhose are constantly hitting those, and on my arm running up the lower outside part to my armpit, so I feel like all I do all day is itch.

Keep me posted on what all you do, and I'll keep you posted, too!