Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Forehead indentation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 smanda

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:24 AM

Hi again .. I'm in the midst of a confusion of symptoms ... like many of us!!

Recently I noticed that my forehead had a large indent in it .. at first I thought I'd slept strangely but it lasted for several hours or more into the day then resolved. I didn't think much of it but more recently I noticed the same area slightly lighter pigmented.

Can this (the indentation) just come and go within hours like this? Is this just another CTD symptom or does it generally mean linear scleroderma.

#2 kellyA

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:06 AM

If I'm carrying a bag or something I always get indentations in my hands/fingers that last for a while it's like if you squeeze them they don't go back for a while, it's very strange, almost like water retention.

#3 PrincessB

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:30 AM

Hi there,

When I get up sometimes, I have an indent in my forehead that can take an hour or so to go...also, creases in my chest where I've been sleeping on my side take a really long time (or, worst of all, hand prints on my face if I slept on my hand!). I think it's just because the skin isn't as 'bouncy' as it used to be.

Diagnosed diffuse systemic scleroderma December 2005 (on my 30th birthday, as if turning 30 wasn't enough?!)

#4 susie54

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:00 PM

I remember several times just seeing a dent almost in a V shape on my forehead and then it would go away. Strange isn't it
Another one to chalk up to the mysteries of scleroderma. Susie54

#5 LisaBulman

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:48 AM

I know exactly what you are talking about! I have had it a few times and I freak out everytime I see it. It lasts hours.... it is not that I slept strangely or those types of lines. Believe me I have woken up way too many times in time to run out and get the bus with those types of lines on my face. :unsure: I always forget to ask my dr so the last time it happened I took pictures. Of course, now I have to remember to bring those with me.

Lisa Bulman
(Retired) ISN/SCTC List Coordinator
(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Assistant Manager
(Retired) ISN Assistant News Guide
(Retired) ISN Fundraiser
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

#6 lizzie

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:13 AM

Hi all, I too get the post-sleep lines on my face, but don't think it has anything to do with the scleroderma as almost everyone I know gets the dents and creases. I think it is probably more to do with the decrease of elasticity in skin as we get older so that it just doesn't bounce back as quickly. Apparently sleeping on silk pillowcases prevents it - I'm going to order some and see!