Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

Question regarding your toes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sam

Sam

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:32 AM

I was wondering if anyone has there toes affected by scleroderma, I'm not asking if you have Raynaud's in your feet. My toes well one toe is really bothering me. My toes have always crinkle over, looking weird.
Sam

#2 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:03 AM

Hi Sam,

Scleroderma can affect the toes. They are a very popular site for amputations from digital ulcers and gangrene, etc. They can also harden and curl, like when scleroderma affects the fingers (sclerodactyly).

I just have Raynaud's and (knock on wood) no more toe ulcers since I was diagnosed with the Raynaud's. Up until then, I didn't know what was causing them, and avoiding vasospasms and keeping my feet warm has helped enormously.

So, are you talking about hardening and curling, or something else?
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

#3 Sam

Sam

Gold Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:49 AM

Shelley, my toes have always looked like they have been curved over when I am barefoot, plus I have bunions on both side of both feet. My one toe hurts really bad and when I where shoes that makes my toes lay flat it hurts them. I have no padding on both feet and my arches are gone too. So that is why I was asking if sclero effected the toes too. Thanks for the information though. Sam
Sam