Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

SLE

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TampaLorie

TampaLorie

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:05 PM

I wish I could talk to someone out there that could give me some insight to what this means. I feel like I am clueless. I am a 45 yr old teacher that was diagnosed about 4 years ago. Since then, my health has gotten worse. I don't know how long I will be able to teach.
I have lots of issues like probably so many others out there.
Thanks!
Lorie

#2 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:16 PM

Hi Lorie,

SLE is an abbreviation for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, usually just known as lupus. It is an autoimmune disease (a form of arthritis). We cover mainly scleroderma in this forum, but we do have a page on our main site about lupus, which offers some great resources as well:
http://www.sclero.or...pus/a-to-z.html

Many people with lupus are able to work for years, if their illness is under control. You will probably find it helpful to join a local lupus meeting to meet others with the same condition who can provide more insight and understanding. Meanwhile, we are all here for you, as well.
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

#3 TampaLorie

TampaLorie

Bronze Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:28 AM

Thank you so much for that bit of information! I have been wondering what SLE was for the longest time. That really means alot to me!!!!!!
Lorie :)

#4 RememberingToSmile

RememberingToSmile

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:13 AM

Hi Lorie-

Were you diagnosed with both scleroderma and lupus? Do you know what type of scleroderma?

-RTS