Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

Scalp problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 parris68

parris68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:20 AM

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has any problems with getting sores on their scalp ,They itch and can get fairly large. If so anything to get rid of it?

Thanks
Danette

#2 lizzie

lizzie

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 04:25 AM

Hi Danette, I get itchy sores on my scalp due to psoriasis - the dermatologist prescribes treatment for it which works well. Do you have any idea why you have started getting sores on your scalp? Do you have psoriasis or have you used new hair colouring products or treatments. If it were me I would consult my general practictioner or a dermatlogist about the problem - the wrong treament could make things worse.
Hope you get some relief soon
Lizzie

#3 canon

canon

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:16 PM

Hi Danette,

My scalp in the beginning of this past progression (about 8 years ago) was very sore and my hair was falling out too. The dermatologist gave me some kind of shampoo with prednisone in it which worked alittle. It took the itch away. Hope you can find something to help soon.

With gentle thoughts.

Judy
A happy heart is good medicine.

#4 Lyn

Lyn

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:48 PM

I have a history of itchy sores, which end up painful in the end though. I started getting them when I used any hair color treatment. It is impossible for me to color my hair at all. I now get it with every period. This started in my late forties, and I am 52 now. I am imagining it is homonal for me. I look forward to never having one again, but so far I am regular as ever. I use an over the counter anti-itch scalp treatment during the worst of it, to relieve that horrible itch. Lyn

#5 Wohali

Wohali

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:38 PM

Hi,

I'm diagnosed with CREST and have painful bumps that appear on scalp. The bumps look like really big zits, but when I squeeze them white paste gushes out that sounds like a form of calcinosis. If I don't express the fluid from these bumps it just gets infected then bursts on its own then turns into a painful scab that stays around for a month or more. *Sorry don't mean to gross anyone out. I talked to a lady online with polydermatitis who also has the same thing.

The only thing I found that helps is using a certain shampoo daily till the sores go away.