Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

Karenlee, Tangelo, &Tru

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Margaret

Margaret

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:09 PM

Karenlee, Tangelo & Tru ,

Hey.......I haven't seen you posting lately. Are you gals OK?

Take care, Everyone.
Margaret

#2 barefut

barefut

Platinum Member

• Bloggers
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:10 PM

Yea guys, where are you?

#3 Karenlee

Karenlee

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:18 AM

Awww thanks for thinking of us. I've been sort of laying low, just doing my thing. I still come on and read up on everyone now and then. Just went thru an information overload and needed to take it down for a bit. Doesn't mean I don't think of you all.

Tru is doing well. I speak to her regularly.

Wishing you all happiness and pain free days. :)

#4 Clementine

Clementine

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:08 AM

Thank you! I can feel the love. I am doing OK. I read the forums daily. I've have a lot, a lot, a lot going on so I'm not posting much. I'm dealing with AVN (osteonecrosis), elevated liver enyzymes, dental work (now it's even more than just the 3 dental implants), moving (trying to find a house over the Internet) and traveling to see my hubby (that I miss dearly). Poor me...ha ha. Not really, life is good.

Trying to manage scleroderma as the weather changes has been difficult, too. Think I may do the dangerous and get an electric blanket. Getting into a chilly bed at night triggers Raynaud's. Does this happen to anyone else? I don't know though, I worry about fires.

Thank you for asking about us!!! You all are my family. I still care and I still read a lot but everyone else is so good about giving great advice that there's usually nothing else to add.

Thank you!
Clem (Tangelo)

#5 Margaret

Margaret

Platinum Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:22 AM

<<Think I may do the dangerous and get an electric blanket. Getting into a chilly bed at night triggers Raynaud's. Does this happen to anyone else? I don't know though, I worry about fires.>>

Hi Tangelo & Karenlee ,

Glad you guys are OK. That AVN doesn't sound like too much fun, though. I get this *noseyness* every so often and need to check up on people!!!

We got Gareth an electric blanket last year. He actually asked for it.....he wanted a 'blanket that got hot' !!! These days, though, they barely get warm (even on the highest setting) and most turn off after 2 hours. I use a long, electric heating pad to warm my bed. Actually, I have two. One at my feet because the old cat sleeps on it, too, and one under my back area. They turn off after 2 hrs, too.

Take care, Everyone.
Margaret

#6 Karenlee

Karenlee

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:55 AM

Margaret,

I had an old heating pad from a back injury that I use for my hands when I get into bed. When I bought it for the injury I never imagined it would get so much use Lol I think a heating blanket is a great idea.

How is Gareth doing? The Plaquenil is helping? I so hope he is responding well to it. It's one of those meds that require a lot of patience.

I feel a difference from when I first started (last April) but still not limber enough to paint my own toes yet :P I tried last week and the best I could do were racing stripes down the sides lol

Love,
Karen

#7 Margaret

Margaret

Platinum Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:51 AM

<<How is Gareth doing? The Plaquenil is helping? >>

Hi Karenlee ,

Gareth is doing pretty good. He just saw the rheumatologist for his six month appt and she wants a mess of blood work done next month. He had a flu shot and a pneumo shot last week and she wants to see if his immune system is working properly, so I have to wait 4-5 weeks to let it 'kick in'. She is also testing his Vit D levels......something that has been on here lately. She is testing for Lyme disease......I thought that a bit strange, but I guess you don't know till you test for it. She's concerned about his immune system since he has had pneumonia, a perforated ear drum due to infection, cellullitis, and an open wound since July.....all in less than one year. She said a 'normal' 20 years old should not be so sickly.

Do take care and keep in touch. Glad to hear that the Plaquenil is working.
Margaret

#8 Snowbird

Snowbird

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:52 AM

Glad to hear you are all doing okay....

Tangelo, I actually have a bed warmer sheet. It goes under the sheet and toasts the bed up nicely....I put it on about an hour or so before I go to bed on high when I want the bed really hot/toasty.....I've been using one for years and would never dream of going without it....never had a problem. They have duel controls for Queen/King size....just in case hubby doesn't want it on. Sometimes I even turn it on medium/low in the middle of the night for a little while (if I wake up because I feel a little chilly) and it puts me right back to sleep. I think everyone should have at least 5 of these!! :) :)
Sending good wishes your way!

#9 gigi08

gigi08

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:26 PM

I have an electric blanket that I have used all summer. I warm the bed up before I get in and I put it on low all night. I love it. I did have to send it back due to the fact that after a year of using it, it didn't heat up as well. It was guaranteed for 5 years so they fixed it and I got it back and it works great. I also bought a warming throw so when I'm sitting, I can turn it on and throw it over me. I do wake up most nights having a hot flash, but they don't last that long and then I get cold.
Gigi08

#10 Sharonvandee

Sharonvandee

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:16 PM

Hey Clem

I too get bad Raynaud's from a cold bed the electric blanket is my best friend. I put it on the bed in autumn and it stay there till early summer. Wouldnt survive with out it. I also have an electric throw rug which gets me through the colder days when I need a quick de frost.

Take care
Kindest Regards

Sharon

Diagnosis Scleroderma-crest, Scolliosis, Asthma, ILD, Plueral Fibrosis, GERD, Hiatus hernia, Anticardiolipin positive, ANA positive

a little bent and broken and almost beyond repair!