Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

For Serena

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CFMBabs

CFMBabs

Silver Member

• Bloggers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 04:31 AM

I thought that writing a blog was not appropriate. I want to emphasise to you what a wonderful mum you are! I'm not just singling you out but every mum on the site. You are a special person -- all mum's are regardless of thier situations -- unconditional love comes to mind!

We've all been there -- trying to keep up with the Jones' is a popular term used to describe competition between people. I know it all too well. My kid had to have the best decorated egg and the best creation in any home project. The competition grew out of hand occasionally and especially when I helped my daughter decorate an egg with a boxing match theme. When I look back it always makes me laugh because whilst all the other kids had brightly coloured one's -- Mine had Mike Tyson and Frank Bruno complete with shorts, gloves and a boxing ring!

The competition ran every year and they got more creative each time. The greatest achievement was the Millennium Bug, where we made a cardboard computer complete with keyboard and an egg for a mouse and an egg decorated like an insect eating the screen -- yes! it was rather over the top but she won -- again!

I can go on about all the things we sat and made but I drew the line at sports day when the parents joined in, Mrs do - dah had legs longer than a stick insect and a figure to match and she always crossed the finishing line way ahead of the others.

I think we could all benefit from a dose of parenting skills when it comes to kids. I don't believe for one second that you are lax -a - dazy. I think you are pretty amazing actually and if I think back I shudder at some the things I ought to have done and things I did, but Hey! is that not the way it goes --- give me the perfect parent who never made a mistake or wishes they'd done something different!

Carry on with head down and arms wide open!

Best wishes and hugs
Barbara xxxx

#2 barefut

barefut

Platinum Member

• Bloggers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:30 PM

Aww Barb, you are so sweet. Thank you for the confidence booster.

I don't feel like I am trying to keep up with the Jones's with regard to parenting so much as I am with just about everything else. Sometimes I feel so judged but it's usually me doing the judging. I am my own worst critic.

As I mentioned in my blog, I am interested to hear from other single moms with scleroderma. How do you do it? Got any tricks or insider information?

Without any family close by, I have come to rely on neighbors who have really been there for me with regard to childcare issues as well as rides to the hospital in the wee hours of the morning. I don't think it's possible to convey to them how much they are appreciated.

During one of her visits when my boys were being especially challenging, my sister asked me, "How do you do it?" To which I replied, "Prozac and beer". Of course I was kidding :lol:

Seriously though, how do you do it?

Calling all single moms and moms with partners too for that matter - tell me your secrets.