Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

Finally Going to See A Rheumatologist

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 LisaBulman

LisaBulman

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:27 AM

John,
I am glad to hear the pain meds are working for you. I choose not to take anything for my ulcer pain not because I can handle pain only because I am really sensitive to them and I have children to take care of. Otherwise I would! I have three ulcers right now and I am in extreme pain. The cold weather here does not help one bit either!

Please continue to keep us posted on the next steps in your care.

Hugs,
Lisa
Lisa Bulman
(Retired) ISN/SCTC List Coordinator
(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Assistant Manager
(Retired) ISN Assistant News Guide
(Retired) ISN Fundraiser
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

#22 JohnJ

JohnJ

Bronze Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:18 AM

Wow I truly commend you, dealing with this and raising children on top of it :o I feel bad when I am in a foul mood and my grandson is around, but I just try to roll right along and put my problems to the side. It actually helps teaching him to play the drums, as I concentrate on something other than my pain. Bless all you moms out there :)

#23 canon

canon

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:38 PM

Hi John,

Glad you have gotten some answers from your doctor, especially SSD. Am trully sorry that the finger ulcers have become so serious and for the procedures your doctor has recommended. I have had finger ulcers for the past few months off and on with a worsening of raynaud's. The rheumatologist said my ulcers were related to calcium deposits not raynaud's. She also put me on plavix for raynaud's and other vascular problems and wondered if your doctor has ever suggested that as a treatment. It is not a regular treatment for raynaud's but I have read it is used sometimes, either plavix or aspirin. Each of us have different treatment plans but just wondered.

With gentle thoughts,

Judy
A happy heart is good medicine.