Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Cellcept Dosage 2g Vs 3g

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HeatherT

HeatherT

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:44 PM

Hi there,
I just met with my Rheumatologist and he wants to up my dose of Cellcept from 2 to 3grams due to my rapid progression. I was wondering, of those who are on cellcept, what dosage are you taking? Is it typical to take 3 grams? For some reason I thought 2 grams was the typical dose, and I am a bit nervous about upping it.

Thanks for the information.

Heather

#2 LoriNC

LoriNC

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:22 PM

Heather,

When I was placed on cellcept it was with the intention of going to 3G if my body tolerated cellcept.

Lori

#3 Claudia-DR

Claudia-DR

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:31 AM

Hi Heather! I'm sorry to hear about the progression of your sclero, but I'm happy to see that you have a Dr. who's willing to treat it aggressively. I too was on CellCept for a while, taking 500 mg. I took such a small dose since I only weigh about 90 lbs. and my progression was mild.

I understand that going up to 3 grams seems like a big step. I hope your body tolerates the increased dose well so you can start feeling better soon.

Your son is beautiful by the way. Healing tropical wishes your way, Claudia

#4 Guest_Jennifer_*

Guest_Jennifer_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:41 AM

Heather,
I started at 1.5, then 2 and up to 3 grams, and like Lori, it was only if my body could handle it. My Dr. did say they had not experimented with over 3 grams for sclero treatment.
I weigh 120, if you care to factor that in. I have not had side effects so far...but wonder if there will be problems in the future. Oh well, live for today.
Take it easy,
Jennifer

#5 barefut

barefut

Platinum Member

• Bloggers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:16 AM

I've been on 2g for a year. I'll be asking to go up to 3g at my appt on the 30th regardless of my PFT's because of the increase in my other symptoms.

I'm worried that because my other symptoms have increased, my PFT's will have decreased.

Good question because I have wanted to know how common a 3g dosage is too. I have also noticed that a lot of lupus patients have started on Cellcept.

#6 HeatherT

HeatherT

Senior Bronze Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:23 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I have started taking 2.5 as of yesterday and in three weeks I will go up to the full 3 grams, provided my bloodwork is good. Lets hope it improves the way I feel these days.

Heather

#7 Guest_Jennifer_*

Guest_Jennifer_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:32 PM

Heather,
Yes, I have to have lab work every two months since being on Cellcept. Good luck!!
Jen