Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

CT Scan Results

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Purr

Purr

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:07 AM

I had a CT scan last week for my rheumatologist and had a copy sent to my primary doctor, too. The nurse for my primary doctor just called and asked when I had my last endoscopy (about 1 1/2 years ago). Dr Brown said my esophogus (sp) looks alittle distended. My brain isn't functioning yet this morning. Can someone tell me what that means, please?? :huh:

Thanks,
Christy
Love makes the world go around!

#2 LisaBulman

LisaBulman

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:22 AM

Hi Christy,
Distended means to swell out or expand. Is your doctor supposed to call you to discuss the CT? I wouldn't get too worried about anything until you speak with your doctor.

Hugs,
Lisa
Lisa Bulman
(Retired) ISN/SCTC List Coordinator
(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Assistant Manager
(Retired) ISN Assistant News Guide
(Retired) ISN Fundraiser
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

#3 Purr

Purr

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:30 AM

Thanks, Lisa. The nurse said since it hasn't been over 2 years since I had an endoscopy, Dr. Brown would probably wait til summer. I guess the distention is mild. Now I'm waiting to hear from my rheumotologist.

I told doctor. Brown's nurse I don't want any surprise holiday tests. :lol:

Christy

#4 eah

eah

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:30 PM

Christy,

I had a CT that showed my esophagus was dilated. It is a common finding with scleroderma. I have sine scleroderma with no skin involvement, but a lot of gi issues. I have swallowing issues, which is also common with sclero. It is my understanding that the muscles are affected and the esophagus can become dilated. Sometimes your food can aspirate into your lungs and cause pneumonia and other lung issues. I had this finding 4 years ago. I hope this helps.

EH
ANN

#5 Purr

Purr

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:02 AM

Thanks eah! Another thing I thought (and I may be 'all wet') is...the last endoscopy I had, the doctor did some stretching because the food felt like it was getting caught near the breast bone. That's probably wishful thinking. What ever it is...............I will survive!!!! :D

Thanks again,
Christy