Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Sclero Doctor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jetta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:36 AM

If anyone lives in New Mexico can suggest a good Sclero doctor. I live in Sandia Park outside Albuquerque. I have a rheumatologist here but I am at the point where you just check in every 2 months for med updates or refills and not getting much in info. Sorry if my typing gets bad fat fingers small keyboard. Thanks Jetta

#2 shennen0820

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:30 AM

Sorry I can't help you with a doctor but I totally understand what you mean about doctors...I saw my rheumatologist last week for the 2nd time and I was inquiring about if there was a rheumatologist in the area who specialized in sclero and she told me no...and then proceeded to tell me she would refer me to another doctor if I would like...so apparently she did not like being questioned by a patient and is now passing me off to another doctor so I can start all over again! So much fun and they get paid so much!

#3 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:16 AM

Hi Jetta,

As it happens, there are only a few dozen scleroderma centers in the U.S. because it is such a rare disease and so difficult to treat. There are no listed experts in New Mexico. Most of us have to travel out of state to consult an expert. The U.S. listing of scleroderma experts is: http://www.sctc-online.org/usa.htm

We also have Worldwide listings available. Once you consult a scleroderma expert, they are usually very adept at working closely with your local rheumatologist for the optimal care plan.
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.