Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Clinical Trial studying

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gigi08

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:58 AM

I just received a letter from the clinic that I go to for my rheumatologist. It is stating that they are now participating in a clinical trial studying an investigational medication for people with scleroderma. My question is, I know some of you have talked about studies and being involved in them. I would like to hear some opinions on this if anyone could share. I see my doctor on Friday and I'm sure they are going to ask me.

#2 JJ-Knitter

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

Hi Gigi,

I've agreed to participate in every study my doctors have asked me to and I think I'm up to 6 now. Three of them involve blood draws, most of them involve questionnaires, one that was investigating a possible link between pulmonary hypertension and glaucoma got me a whole morning of extensive eye exams. I think most of them wanted some level of access to my medical records.

None, so far, have been trials of new medications, but I think I'd agree to that so long as it didn't change the regimen that is working so well for me.

I figure that anything I can do that'll help others get quicker, better diagnoses and treatment, hey, it's worth it.