Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Brain Involvement or Not? - Trying to Find Answers!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 smac0719

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:14 PM

Hello JanQ,

I know all too well about migraines and headaches. Seems like I have lived with one or the other for too many years. I've suffered from severe headaches and head pain as a child to adulthood and there was never a diagnosed cause for them. I did not develop migraines until I was pregnant with my second son (he's 15). They got really bad and it made it even worse that I could not take anything for them. After he was born they subsided for several years, but they came back with a vengeance. I had a bout with Bell's Palsy maybe 6-7 years ago and after that I have had frequent headaches again. The migraines would get so bad I'd have to do IV therapy. Thank goodness I haven't experienced one that bad in quite a while.

More recently (maybe the past 2 years) I will have headaches that wake me up out of my sleep. It's like a severe throbbing pain that increases and doesn't stop until I wake up. I too can only take Tylenol derivatives so it makes it kind of hard to manage sometimes. It's weird that they don't occur during the day, only at night. I have had a full neurological review (CT and MRI), but nothing was identified.

We've talked about the brain fogs on a previous post and I can co-sign on that as well. Losing concentration and thought process, walking into a room and forgetting what the purpose was. Speaking the wrong word when you thought the right word, transposing letters when typing or writing. This has just become par for the course with me yet the boys get a good laugh off of my speech from time to time.

It never ceases to amaze me how many similarities in symptoms there are with us Sclerodermians!
I may have Scleroderma, but Scleroderma doesn't have me!