Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

Gi Tests

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kelowna52

kelowna52

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:19 PM

Hi Nan, I'm so sorry you have to go through all of those tests and xrays. I've been there done that a few times. The others are right it's best you know where you stand with this desease. I have the GERD, slow motility and bloating and cramping. You mentioned to one of the other members that it started in your esophagus, and then contined on down to your stomach. My question is how long did it take before you were diagnosed with Watermellon Stomach? Did you know you had the Watermellon Stomach before you had the Upper GI Scope? It's just that I have all of the same symptoms as you, so I'm curious. Thanks again for your support. This Forum is just great for all of the support and info we get from each other. Good luck to you and let us know how you make out.

Take Care

Jackie S.

#2 nan

nan

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:41 PM

Hi,
Thanks for your note. I found out that I have watermelon stomach when my hemoglobin went down to 6.1 and they scoped me. It can only be seen when you are scoped. It doesn't mean your stomach gets fat like a watermelon. It's essentially the "T" part of CREST in your stomach. Does that make sense? Oh, I started having esophageal problems in 1998. Watermelon stomach was diagnosed in 2004.
Nan

#3 kelowna52

kelowna52

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:57 PM

Thanks again Nan, I have had the GERD problem, since day one, which is, I'm thinking, about 5 years a go now. Well, take it easy and have a nice evening.

Jackie S.